CHAPTER 1

A/N: Hi, this is my first fan fic, though I already have another story on my page.  TW: BLOOD, FIGHTS, SPIDERS, THROW UP, MENTIONS OF DEATH

I slashed through the battle, taking down everything that fell into my path. The monsters sliced like cheese. I fought my way to Annabeth, who had just stabbed a gorgon with her drakon bone sword. Her blonde curls had turned a reddened shade due to a cut on her neck that her hair kept flapping on. Her grey eyes were concentrated, adrenaline powered. She couldn't spare a glance at me, but that didn't mean we couldn't talk.

"Okay that must've been the most destructive nosebleed ever. I swear to every god and goddess out there no one has had a more disastrous consequence," I couldn't see her face, seeing as my eyes where shrouded with golden dust, but I could paint a picture that perfectly described her face at that moment.

"Yup, you're dealing with the one and only Percy Jackson, king of accidents turning into wars," I replied, slashing Riptide everywhere Annabeth's sword wasn't.

There was suddenly a loud THUD, and shock waves knocked everyone on the battle field off balance. While the ground was quaking, I sought whatever caused that, and I wasn't pleased with what I saw.

Gaea was slowing melting into the Earth, and thank Olympus for that, but then I watched as Jason and Piper fell, Jason too tired to keep a steady stream of air. I managed to raise some water to get them to the ground, with Annabeth watching my back.

Once I saw Will and some other campers rush over to them when I set them on the ground, the battle had my full attention once again. Though Gaea was gone, the monsters certainly weren't. More monsters swamped us, occasionally being help by the Stolls or Clarisse. 

I became a beam of focused energy, my ADHD working it's magic. I swiped, stabbed, kicked, chopped, and killed whatever monster made the mistake of walking into my path. I didn't feeling anything else, just the intensity of the battle pumping my veins. Eventually, the sea of monsters turned into a trickle. 

When I slashed Kelli, I stopped. The grass was golden, making it look like someone had sacrificed the gods. I surprisingly huffed a breath, smiling. 

It was over.

Turning to smile at Annabeth, I found her crying, lying over someone's body in the distance. I slowly (and painfully) walked over to her, my sneakers kicking up dust and being stained by blood. The thought made me want to puke. When I finally arrived, a young Athenian camper laid dead in Annabeth's arms.

"I couldn't get to him. He was 9 Percy. 9," Annabeth cried, touching her bloodied forehead to his dusted one. I saw thousands of tiny spider bites covering him, but I suspected the main culprit was the gaping hole in his stomach.

I just held Annabeth, who leaned into me, her shaking shoulders matching her breath intake. I scanned her body, and found she was also covered in a multitude of spider bites. "Come on Annabeth. Time to go visit Will," I helped her up, the two of us with tears dripping down our faces making our way over to the healing tent.

When we ducked in, it was a madhouse. Ambrosia everywhere, nectar being handed out by the bottle, bandages flying around, and worst of all, the sobbing and screams of the campers.

Lilah, an Apollo kid who was gifted with musical talents rushed up to us, her light brown hair flouncing out of it's loose ponytail, and greyish-blue eyes filled with worry. "Hey guys, I know I don't usually do healing, but we needed every Apollo kid, so I'll help you till a real doctor can."

We gravely nodded, and she led us to a cot that had been put up for this. They had prepared for a war, so they had plenty of space, yet I still wondered if it was enough. When we sat down, I immediately asked, "How are you feeling?"

"Nauseous and light-headed, but other than that and the cuts on my body, I'm okay. You?" Annabeth quivered, pulling a trashcan closer to her, then subsequently threw up. I held her hair back, carefully rubbing her back in soothing circles.

"I have lots of cuts and bruises, maybe a gash or two," I assessed, still helping Annabeth. Frowning, I suspected something was wrong. 

It wasn't like Annabeth to be nauseous after a battle. Or light-headed.

I truly got concerned when she threw up blood. "SOMEONE HELP!" I cried, frantically searching for someone to help. An exhausted Will showed up, and quickly took in the sight. He scanned her, and silently cursed. 

"Hey Annabeth, can you try and take this ambrosia square for me?" Will asked when she had a break from puking, with her heaving breaths. She shakily accepted the square, but when she took a bite, it immediately came back up. 

"Hey Percy, hold the trashcan for her while we walk her over to one of the real infirmary beds," Will commanded, his doctor voice making me do it, even though I would've done it anyway.

We shuffled over, and several different pairs of eyes tracked our movements. Once she sat on the muted green sheets, she heaved some deep breaths, tears staining her perfect face. "Annabeth, you were most likely bitten by several different spiders during the battle, seeing as Arachne has a thing  for you," Will was fiddling with some different tools, and he finally produced a needle filled with a yellow liquid. He jabbed her arm, and tried to push down, but I wasn't working.

Fresh tears ran down her face, and I turned to Will, frightened and a tad angry. "Dude, why the hell did you stick a faulty needle in her?" I snapped, as Will retracted the needle. He pushed on it, and the yellow liquid oozed out of it. We looked at each other confused, but Annabeth's face simply turned more somber.

"There must be a build up of something under the spider bites so I can't take any antidote. I don't think I can eat ambrosia or drink some nectar," Annabeth deduced, looking at me, eyes filled with horror. As I understood her heartbreaking sentence played through my brain, I disbelievingly shook my head at her.

"No. No, no, no this will not be the hill you die on. We were supposed to grow old together, be the best parents ever. Arachne wasn't your death before, and she can't this time," I took her flushed face in my hands, staring at her glossy grey eyes. I felt her arm wrap around my waist, and mine followed in suit, but I ran my hands up and down her bumpy skin, trying to commemorate Wise Girl to memory like she hasn't been since I was 11.

"Seaweed Brain, I don't want to accept it either. Trust me, I'm barely accepting the fact that I have to leave you. But, if I go-"

"Don't like that. Please, please don't make it final," I begged still clutching her.

"I don't see you Elysium until you're 80. You got that?" Annabeth's grey eyes bore into mine as she pulled the trashcan back to her. "Can you help her in any way?" I whispered to Will. He shook his head, tears streaking down his face like a race.

"If the bites prevent antidotes, they'll reject any equipment that could possibly help her. I'm sorry Percy. Annabeth is most likely going to die."