"We're losing them!" yelled Korra.

"hang a right at the next block. We can cut them off on seventh!"

Rae prepared herself for the sharp turn, shutting her eyes closed even though nothing changed. However, the turn never came, and Mako panicked.

"You missed the turn!" he exclaimed, bringing his hands to his head, "Where are you going?!"

"I know these streets better than you," said Asami, "I built some of them."

There was some movement beside her, and Rae's opened her eyes in surprise when she felt Korra grip her shoulder and get on her feet.

"What are you doing?" shouted Mako, voicing Rae's thoughts, "sit down!"

And then Korra disappeared, Rae not being able to feel her anymore. When the car finally came to a stop, the Guardian had no idea where they were. But she jumped out of the vehicle as fast as she could and the moment her metal heels touched the soil, she was shaken by every small vibration on the ground. The woman ran towards Korra, who was gripping the man who presumably kidnapped the prince.

"Wu's not here," she said in anger, "this guy was the only one in the truck."

Before Mako could grab the man, Rae closed her fists. From under her sleeves flew one metal plate that wrapped itself around the man's wrist. Mako clashed his body with his, grabbing him by the color of his uniform and pushing him against the side of the truck.

"Where's the prince?"

"Halfway to Kuvira by now. All hail the Great Uniter."

~

After a police car came up and took the man, the four remained near the criminal's truck, hoping to come up with a good way to find Wu. Asami was right, there were too many cars in the city, too many ways out, and too little time to implement search checkpoints.

Rae was leaning against a vine, ignoring the small spirits that crowded at her feet. She listened closely to Asami and Mako as they discussed, but a frown overtook her features when she felt Korra walk closer to the enormous vine she was leaning on.

"can you, do it?" asked Korra in a whisper as she pointed to the vine, "what Toph said?"

The woman nodded slowly and turned her body to the Avatar, "yes, but I can only hear things, not see them. I don't think it might be useful in this case. You try it though."

With a nod, Korra closed her eyes and stepped closer to the vines, placing a hand on its surface. By then, both Asami and Mako stopped talking, turning their attention towards the Avatar. The vines emitted a small glow where Korra touched it and Rae felt the warmth that it produced. When Korra opened her eyes with a gasp, Rae pushed herself off the vine, her body growing tense.

"they're taking Wu to the train station!"

"Are you sure?" asked Asami, making Rae roll her eyes. The woman walked away from the vines and spirits and got in the passenger's seat of the car, the others following her.