2.0

[2.0]

Masters and Spirits

The tingling sensation never left the tanned skin of her arms. The flecks of water were moving around, getting on her clothes and in her eyes as she gracefully moved her arms.

Droplets of water were falling off her skin, now tanned from the countless hours she stayed under the sun. With a flick of her fingers, a giant wave rose from the sea.

Katara watched silently behind her. It was amazing how well she controlled the element now, knowing that six months ago, the young woman could barely move a wave.

The young boy next to the master watched in awe as water sprayed on the woman's white hair. She moved her legs with an incredible fluidity even though her eyes were closed.

When she stopped moving, the circle of water around her fell, splashing everything around in the process. She opened her green eyes slowly and looked away from the sea.

Taiyo smiled and started clapping. He ran towards the young lady and embraced her in a warm hug. Katara smiled too. She walked towards Taiyo and the woman, taking the twelve-year-old off the white-haired girl.

"It was very impressive Rae," she said smiling, "Now, you need to get ready for your last night of training."

Katara took the boy's hand and walked away, leaving Rae all alone. She turned to look at the ocean again. The sun was setting rapidly, and the woman could already feel the moon's hold on her.

With a sigh, she took off the wraps around her wrists and elbows and walked back to her hut, where she waited for her master to show up. She waited for a few hours. Her nerves grew with every minute that passed.

When Katara entered the hut, Rae looked up to see the woman with a big cage in her hands. Inside, a wounded arctic fox whined in pain. The young woman saw the red stain on the animal and her eyes softened.

"Now," started Katara. The small tremble in her voice didn't go unnoticed by the Guardian. "I need you to heal this poor soul."

Rae nodded and opened the cage. She used the metal bracelet around her wrist to make a small muzzle and placed in carefully on fox's snout so it would bite her. She then took the animal in her arms and placed in on the table.

"Take a big breath," said Katara, "And try not to enter the Guardian state this time."

Rae nodded and raised her arms. She breathed in and out and closed her eyes. Katara moved to one of the windows and took off the cloth that covered it. The pale moonbeams flooded the room and gracefully kissed Rae's skin, making her gasp. The full moon was shining brightly that night. Opening her eyes, she looked at the wide slash on the fox's stomach. Moving her hands away from her body, she felt the warm oozing blood follow her gestures. She curled her fingers and the blood stopped oozing out of the wound. Instead, the wide gash seemed to shrink in size before the only sight of blood was the one that stained the perfect white fur of the animal.

The young woman smiled when she stopped hearing the pained whines of the fox. She slowly too the muzzle off the animal and moulded it back in the shape of her beloved bracelet. It wasn't actually metal, as a lot of people suspected, but the bracelet was made out of a meteor. Her grandmother gifted it to her when she completed her training in Earthbending.