3.12

[3.12]
The End of the Red Lotus

When the pain came, Rae felt like she could faint any time

She was sitting on Oogi as the bison landed in front of the cave. Her hands, as always, gripped the railing of the saddle and her eyes were closed. Then, she felt a burning sensation at her wrists and ankles. She groaned, her grip on the railing tightening until her knuckles were white.

Realizing she was the last standing on Oogi after they landed, she slowly opened her eyes and tried to ignore the pain. Her steps were uneven at first before she regained control of her body's strengths. The pain was gone, but the bad feeling wasn't. She felt her Guardian state act up, her eyes wouldn't glow but she knew something was deranging the natural order of Raava.

She followed Lin inside the cave. They walked in slowly, yet their movements were still rushed. They didn't have much time, what they did to Korra was starting to affect Rae she. The group decided to look for the airbenders first. Lin and Rae started bending passage through a wall. Iroh, who was standing at the back of the group, lit a flame so they could see better.

"Wait," said Rae loudly, "Two guards, the rest should be the airbenders. Throw the wall at my signal."

The Guardian waited and listened. Everyone was looking at her expectantly and when she nodded at Lin, the woman sent the wall in front of the flying. One of the guards was knocked out unconscious, and Rae smiled. She took a few stepped in front of her mother and used the metal bands at her writs to trap the other one. She bent it, bounding his wrists and his hands together, before sending him flying in a wall and trapping his whole body in earth. As a cheery on the top, Rae used another metal band to seal his mouth shut.

"Mom!"

At Opal's voice, Rae turned around and a small smile engulfed her features. She rushed to the other airbenders. Meelo almost knocked her down after he jumped in her lap. With a smile, she bent the locks on the children's handcuffs open. It took some time, seeing it was platinum, but it worked.

"We have to get these two out of here," said Lin, looking at Iroh who was holding Bumi up and at another two airbenders who were holding a barely conscious Kya.

"What do you mean?" muttered Bumi, "I feel great!" Iroh rolled his eyes when the man started coughing and almost fell out of his hold.

"You guys get everyone out of here," started Tonraq, "I'll search for Korra."

Bolin, Mako and Rae all stepped forward, "we're going with you."

"You don't have to search for her," said Jinora, making all of them look at her, "I know exactly where she's being held."

Jinora took her time to explain where Korra was being held. Before they could leave, the young airbender grabbed Rae's hand. "They put something in her," whispered the girl. Rae looked down, still feeling the ache in her wrists. "I know," she said, "and we'll take it out."