Old Nessie' and the first fight

Start from the beginning

Suddenly I saw a beam of water coming towards us out of Nessie's mouth. That's not good I thought quickly before grabbing Y/N and teleporting a few feet away. "Move!" I shouted to the others. Luckily they managed to dodge out of the way, not fast enough to avoid getting wet but they weren't hurt. Both of them had messy wet hair and some splashed on their swim suits but weren't soaked.

I quickly shot an energy blast at old Nessie' but it didn't seem to effect her much. "That's not good." I mumbled. I stood a few inches in front of the others trying to think fast about what to do. Suddenly rings of water about a foot taller than me started being shot at us. I quickly teleported out of the way of them suddenly I saw Emira was about to be hit with a ring of water, I dove towards her to push her out of the way of it feeling the sting of the quick moving water hitting my ankles and calves.

Your POV
"Hunter! Are you okay?" I shouted rushing to him. He managed to stand but was still limping, obviously not in proper condition to continue trying to fight the Loch ness monster. Emira and Ed quickly made a spell circle trying to wrap a giant rope around the creature but she managed to break through it. "What are we gonna do?" I asked panicked.

Hunter POV
I looked around the shore of the lake for.. anything to help. Suddenly it hit me, I saw dozens of large rocks around the edge of the water. "I've got it!" I exclaimed. "You're injured, please let us handle it." Y/N tried to convince me but my eyes returned to the scars now covering her body. I swiftly spun my staff around the shore towards the rocks before levitating them into the air. That wasn't usually this hard, I felt the weight pulling down on my body.

I levitated them until they were above old Nessie' here, suddenly the weight was too much and I fell to my knees. I dropped the weight feeling the relief through my body. Nessie' fell underwater and we watched anxiously to see if she'd come back up. Large bubbles drifted up to the surface until eventually they stopped.

I had to be sure everyone was safe though, I lifted the rocks again and put them back on the shore before lifting the massive carcass in the middle of the lake. Not a movement, she was dead. I laid her down in the woods before collapsing to the ground.

Your POV
"Hunter!" I shouted falling to the floor next to him lifting his head laying his head into my lap so he was looking up at me. "Y/N" He said with a soft smile. "You're okay?" I asked feeling my heart rush. "I'm okay." He replied. Emira and Edric joined my side without a word. I moved down to his legs, they were red and splotchy as if he had just been power washed but overall he didn't seem seriously injured. Just in major need for some rest.

Hunter POV
Y/N pressed a finger gently against my leg causing me to wince. The skin was sensitive from the recent abuse. "Ed, water." Y/N whispered quietly. "Gotcha." He said before walking off. "Emira, grab a waterproof bandage from the house?" She asked. They both rushed back towards the house leaving Y/N and I alone.

Your POV
"That was reckless." I felt my eyes start to water. "I told you I'm fine, don't cry." He whispered. "But there was a chance you wouldn't be. You were injured, and kept going instead of trusting me." "Remember last time you asked me to trust you?" He asked while poking at a particularly bad scar on my shoulder. It stung as his finger tip prodded at the scar, I pulled my arm away.

"You don't get it? You could have gone too far! You could have died!" I shouted at him. "Do you understand the fear that ran through my heart when you collapsed to the floor in front of me?" I felt a tear reach my lips, the salty taste on my tongue. "I had to carry you to the nurse's office while you whined every time my arm touched a scar the wrong way? I still don't know if you'll ever stop feeling that pain and I can't help but feel it's my fault." Hunter yelled.

Hunter POV
Our first real fight. I let out a heavy breath, "I'm the golden guard. Everyone talks about what great hands you'll be in and how no one will ever mess with you. They tell me how lucky you are to be with me, how safe it must make you feel. I couldn't even protect you from some dumb fire bees. Do you know how that feels?" "I don't." "Then you can't understand why it's so hard for me to 'just trust you!"

Emira POV
Y/N could've gotten these items on her own using her portals but I think she really just wanted some time with Hunter. Edric and I obliged, we had just picked up the things and started walking back. As we began over the hill I heard Y/N and Hunter's voices.

Hunter POV
"Do you get why I'm mad though? How hard it was for me to not know if you were even alive for a moment?" She asked with a tear streaking her cheek. "I get it but you have to understand even if I can't 'just trust you' I trust you more than anyone. Belos' was more like a boss than family and he.. he didn't tell me shit." "Hey guys!" Emira called out from the top of the hill. Y/N quickly wiped her eyes before shouting back, "Hey!"

Emira walked over and joined us, sitting beside Y/N. Edric sat down beside her. It took her a moment of looking at Y/N until she spoke, "What the hell did you do?" She asked, her yellow eyes pierced through my soul. "What the hell did you do to Y/N?" She repeated. Y/N put a hand on her shoulder trying to calm Emira down enough to explain what happened but Emira looked ready to hold me down to the bottom of the lake.

Your POV
"Em." I warned. "What did he do?" She asked, the anger left her eyes and it was replaced with empathy. "We had a little fight, it's not a big deal Em." I tried to calm her down. "Did you lay a hand on her?" Emira leaned towards Hunter looking ready to pounce. "No! Emira, it's not like that. We had a small argument and I just, it was hard to be mad at someone I love so much." I have her a half grin but she didn't seem convinced.

Hunter POV
"I just, don't want him to be so self sacrificial. It's nothing I need you to get involved in." Y/N sighed. "oh." Emira seems to back off for now. "So are we going swimming?" Edric broke through the intensity. "Let's do it!" Y/N added. I tried to hold her hand but she didn't seem to notice or maybe she was just avoiding me.