Because the holy attribute will disappear if he kill them and make them undead. The holy attribute is the only magic strong enough to break the barrier up there, surrounding their fortress in 'heaven'.

The royal family was actually very loyal to these 'gods', so the only way make them accept was to brainwash them. And he was actually now doing that to the prince, who was halfway to be fully brainwashed.

Where did I get the information about the observers? Well, I just asked Ed about that, and when I feel something missing, i just put the pieces together.

And I am now currently looking down at the demon, who I can tell that he was very nervous, because he knows that I am stronger than him. Welp, at least he knows his place.

...

Your prideful self is showing (Y/n)...

3rd POV

Silence.

It was sickening, for the demon at least. He was scared of what this man will do to him. He doesn't know if this guy is a descended and that has been sent by the gods to eliminate him from destroying their glory.

'He probably is a descended, there are no humans out there who has high capabilities except them... Probably also here sent to kill me...'

"*Sigh..." (Y/n) sighed at what this guy was thinking, he just accepted that he was getting killed.

The demon flinched when he heard the man sighed, he was thinking that he was just going to end this quickly. He just now accepted it, he was helpless in this situation.

(Y/n) resisted the urge to sigh again. Our dear protagonist seems to be thinking about something, and from the look of his face, he seems to have an idea. And what the demon lord heard next, shocked him.

"Okay, listen here demon lord Zerald, I will help you rebel against to this so called... 'gods'. But with a condition, you must to became my subordinate after this."

Zerald was confused. How did this guy know his name??? And wasn't he sent from them??? Maybe he was just trying to give him false hope to see his despair filled face.

"No, I am not from them nor sent by them. I am not associated with those... Filth. And I am also not giving you false hope Zerald. I am telling the truth. If I make your dream became reality, will you accept the condition of becoming my subordinate?"

Zerald was hesitating. How did this guy know what he was thinking anyway??? Was he reading his mind???

'His offer is tempting... But I can't easily trust him... He might be even sugarcoating those words... And... it's impossible anyways...' Zerald was doubting (Y/n).

Which kinda make (Y/n) irritated, a little. If Eijaz was here, he might turn to his han form and latched out to poor Zerald.

"If you still don't trust me, how about we make a contract?" That shocked Zerald. He didn't think that this guy was this eager. I guess the only way to prove that he was telling the truth was really from contract.

"Fine, I accept."

<A three minute time skip>