Just an Ordinary Morning

Mulai dari awal

“Kaitou ouji-sama!” yelled the fairy as she struggled from being held by a firm hand. The grip on her whole body tightened, causing the poor little thing to have a hard time breathing. “T-tasu—tasukete, ouji--” Before she could complete her sentence, and before Kaitou could make a move, the fairy lost consciousness and the owner of the hand gripping her laughed with his manly voice. The strikes of lightning that followed were the only way Kaitou recognized who this person was and what he just did.

“So a fairy could only last 20 seconds of not breathing,” the young man cloaked in black said, amusement evident in his voice. He laughed once again, causing the prince to be more irritated as he clenched his fists.

“Shinichi! You traitor! So you were behind this after all!” Prince Kaitou exclaimed as he stood up, facing the one who looked exactly like him. “How could you do this to us?! We’re one family and--”

“Family? What’s that?” the black-cloaked lad laughed once more. “I don’t remember having one.” He slipped the unconscious little fairy into a pocket on his left chest and then put his hands inside his pants’ pockets as he walked closer to Kaitou, who by that time, gripped the sword on his left and posed his stance.

“Oh, I thought you were treating me as a family? Why are you preparing your sword?” Shinichi mocked as he continued to calmly pace towards Kaitou. With the stillness of the night, his footsteps were so much audible and daunting as if there was a tick-tock clock that counts the remaining seconds of one’s life.

“I don’t know what you’re planning but if you hurt my princess, I will forget that you were once my twin brother,” Kaitou stated in a confident tone as he drew out his sword and pointed it to Shinichi.

“Relax, I’m not here to hurt anyone,” replied the black-cloaked lad, smirking. He lightly pushed Kaitou’s sword aside with his left hand and continued coming close to him. Arriving to a stop, he said, “I’m just here to wake you up.” His last words echoed in Kaitou’s ear, as though a spell was trying to hypnotize him. “Wake up~ Wake up~”

Kaitou groaned and fell on his knees, dropping his sword and cupping his aching head in the process. “Stop it!”

When he finally opened his eyes, he wasn’t in the dark castle room anymore but in his bedroom, seating on his soft white bed. He blinked twice, hands still on the sides of his head. He heard a familiar chuckle, making him realize everything and drop his hands onto his sides.

“What the—What are you doing here?” he quickly asked the chuckling Shinichi.

“Aoko~ I will do anything to protect you~” the latter mocked, doing some hand gestures to support the act. “I would even kill my brother for you~”

“Shut up,” Kaitou rolled his eyes away from Shinichi but a smile escaped his lips and his detective brother noticed that.

“You really love her more than your twin, how could you!” Shinichi whined and then tried to stifle his laugher.

“Shut up!” was the same reply from his brother. “Why are you here?” he asked, changing the subject as he turned to check the clock on his bedside table.