Back to Normal?

The sun was already resting on the clouds beaming vitamin D to anyone it sees. The ever graceful Kudo twins were walking to school and unintentionally spellbinding any female form on their way. They were in their usual blue uniform, complete with the coat and tie, and both of them had their bag slung by a hand behind their shoulder.

“Hey.” Shinichi broke the silence.

“Hm?” Kaitou was apparently in a good mood.

“You like Nakamori, right?” Shinichi was hesitating a bit; he didn’t know how or where to start.

“Yeah. Why’d you ask?” Kaitou’s calmness instantly turned to worry and panic as his eyes grew. “Don’t tell me… you like her too?!?!?”

“No, no.” The older twin chuckled. “I was just wondering… If you like her that much – I mean, as much as wanting to switch places with me just to be with her – why don’t you tell her about it? You know, make a move, confess or something. Knowing you, I believe you could do it that easily.”

Kaitou shook his head slowly. “I don’t want to confess yet.” He flashed a gentle smile as he looked at the azure sky. “I just want to be friends with her first.”

“Then why aren’t you making friends with her with your own real self?” Shinichi raised a brow at his brother. A smirk then came forth, when he said, “Maybe you really haven’t gotten over your Ran, huh?”

Kaitou quickly turned to him to say, “No, no!” He chuckled as he continued, “That’s not it. I just don’t want to haste things up.” His chuckle faded and was replaced by another gentle smile. “I want to know her more; she’s a bit mysterious to me, you know.”

“Then you should do that as Kaitou,” Shinichi replied lazily, a yawn coming afterwards.

“Well, I thought if you two could be friends at first, you could then introduce me to Aoko and bridge us two later on. Wouldn’t that be a great love story?” The younger one grinned.

“What?? Bridge??”

“Why, don’t you think it’s good? You better be honored, I chose you to be in that ‘bridge’ role, you know!” Kaitou crossed his arms.

“I don’t have to do that. Who in school doesn’t know you anyway?” Shinichi pointed out.

“No, what I mean is personal formal introduction sort of…” The younger one was now fiddling with his fingers due to slight shyness. “It’s really different from just knowing me from afar, believe me…”

Shinichi looked as his brother from the corner of his eyes. Seeing the shy look his twin was wearing, he couldn’t help but smile evilly.

“And besides,” Kaitou added, “Aoko doesn’t like talking to strangers. I noticed that when I was with her and even before. Unless needed, she doesn’t talk with people she’s not friends with. She would find it really weird if I suddenly confess to her.” He chuckled. “She might even think I’m her stalker.”