The chemical smell comes through again, it's very strong making my nose and throat itch uncomfortably. That weird sensation on my arm is still present and it takes me a moment to comprehend all of the sensations now aching at my body. I feel sore and stiff all over.

What is wrong with me?

Where am I?

What happened?

The last thing I remember was ...

I was going somewhere wasn't I? Yes, that's right I was in my car going somewhere... I was looking for something ...

Seven.

As soon as his name pops into my thoughts it all comes rushing back to me. The club, talking to Penny and Kitty. Passing Destiny on my way out, her dirty hands ...

My breaks stopped working. I was driving in my car and the breaks failed and I was hit by a large truck.

Oh god. I try to speak but it's hard to get the words out. I need to open my eyes, I need to wake up. But I already am awake, I just don't know how to get my body to react to being awake. It takes some time for my body to react to the signals my brain is sending.

Open your eyes. Open your eyes Lily.

I keep repeating to myself and slowly, they begin to blink in response. It takes me a couple tries but slowly the bright fluorescents from above shine through my lashes. It's so bright, too bright. With a few more blinks my eyes begin to focus on the scene in front of me.

The white walls, the white panelled ceiling, the beeping machines surrounding the bed I lay in. A small television is on in the corner of the room, I recognise the show immediately, Friends.

Looking down at myself I notice the source of the sensation in my arm as a needle is tapped into a vein in the crook of my elbow, attached to an IV that stands by my bed

Looking down at myself I notice the source of the sensation in my arm as a needle is tapped into a vein in the crook of my elbow, attached to an IV that stands by my bed. The uncomfortable itch in my nose and throat is from a breathing tube apparatus. I can't move my head much, in fact I can't move my neck at all to look around and realise it's in a brace.

What shocks me most about the scene before me are the two girls that sit either side of my bed. Both their attention on the television as they watch the show, totally unaware of my conscious state. Mesha and Tiffany laugh along with the show together and banter lightly back and forth.

I try to speak but what comes out is a scratchy, undecipherable groan. But it does the job as they both whip their heads around to stare at me. Shock covers both their faces and if I weren't in such a state I could laugh.

"Lily?" Mesha asks leaning forward and grabbing my hand.

"Oh my god, you're awake!" Tiffany says and leans over me to press something above my head. A small bell sounds and almost instantly a nurse enters the room with us.