As we walked it started again. "More ice." Roland asked as we looked up waiting for the pellets of ice to fall. "No? Rain?" "Can't be." I held out my hand as a red dot fell into my palm.

"B... Blood." "Cypress." "It's gonna cover us." Right as I said that a thick rain of warm blood started to poor. Screams where heard you ahead.

"Johanna..." I tried to yell but blood ran down my throat. I gripped Roland tight. "We gotta run."

I swung my sword to better clear a path. "JO!" I screamed. Blood was sucked into my mouth making me spit. "Cypress! Roland!" "Keep going the beach.... The beach is up ahead!" I coughed.

"Cypress let me go. I can't run and your getting blood into your lungs." "Nope." I gripped his side. "You're not dying to blood cause that's just a weird way to go."

We tripped I grabbed Roland dropping my sword. "Come on." I basically yanked his body to the beach where Johanna was. Right when we were out of the blood rain I dropped to my knees and threw up.

"I haven't eaten anything how can I be throwing up." I turn my attention to Roland who's clenching his jaw in pain. I pressed my hand onto his calf making him yelp.

"Johanna!" I look up to see Finnick running over to her. I couldn't help but smile. "Finnick!" She yelled. They hugged then she turned to me. "Cypress!" Finnick looked at me his smiled was of relief.

"Go," "No your-." "Go Cypress." I smiled at Roland and ran to them. My arms around both of them. When I let go I stared at Finnick.

"I'm gonna go wash off." Johanna said with a smirk.

Before Finnick could say anything I wrapped my arms around his shoulders didn't even take him a second to reciprocate.

"I love you too." I said making it feel like a weight of guilt was finally lifted up from my shoulders.

"What?" He moved so I could see his face. "I love you like how you love me. I didn't want to say it before cause everyone I love either dies or has a death wish. But Finnick Odair I love you."

"Cypress Bennett I love you too." I hugged him tightly. A groan from Roland made me stop.

I ran over to him as Johanna explained their story.

"Roland it's alright." "I told you to leave me." "And I didn't. Sorry I wanted you to live." I couldn't help the annoyed tone in my voice.

"Well... I got'em out." Johanna said. "Is he alright?" I looked up to see Peeta. "Gloss slashed his calf during the bloodbath... not this bloodbath. The one in the beginning." "Ahh." He sat next to me as I brushed Roland's calf to get any grass off.

"We we're all the way deep into the jungle. Where I though it was gonna be safe. That's when this rain started. I thought it was water. It turned out to be blood." Johanna continued to complain. (Rightfully so)

"Tick, tock." Wiress said coming up behind Johanna.

As I brushed my hand on Roland's calf I stared at my hands.

"Cypress." Roland said knowingly what was going on in my mind.

Blood.

Lots.

Of.

Blood.

Is it Elliot's? From where I slashed his throat?

Blood ran from his neck onto my jacket. I shut my mouth fast as it covers me. He fell on top of me. I hear the cannon go off.

I shoved him off of me. I stood up and looked at my once pure white outfit stained with blood. I spit out any blood that may have entered my mouth.

I spit to the side clear saliva came out. Peeta looked at Roland. "Cypress. Look at me." Roland grabbed my face.

"So pretty. Yet so, ugly." Adelynn taunted. "Hurry up with the kill. I'm hungry and I want to go back to camp." Nathaniel complained. "Don't you want to find Leo?" She snaps back. "She's are way of finding him." A sickening smirk that would burn into my memory appeared on her face.

"Elliot, Adelynn, Nathaniel." I grabbed my left arm. "Maverick." "What is she?" Peeta started.

"She's in shock." Beetee said that about Wiress then pointed to me. "She is too."

"Cypress." Finnick ran over and grabbed my shoulders.

"Blood, blood." Panic started to rise in me. "Not mine." Tears burned my eyes. I took a deep breath calming myself. "Finn go help Johanna." Katniss was pushing Johanna. He nodded and ran off.

"I'm fine." I looked at Peeta and Roland. "Just... Memories... Nightmares... Let's get you washed off Roland."

I grabbed Roland and walked to the water. I need a distraction. And, I need to look strong. I need to be strong.

—•—