Luigi said "Ok. I won't. If that is what you want... But if it continues to bother you and you do not get used to it, I think I will have a word with him..." He then picked up his back pack and took out his equipment and placed it on the table.

Just then the bell rang and the rest of the lesson went as normal. Near the end of the lesson the teacher asked everyone to pack away their equipment and remain seated. He had said he had an announcement to make.

When everyone was ready, silent and listening the teacher stood in front of his blackboard and said "Class. I would like to announce that our school has finally agreed to allocate funding and resources for us to start the Future Scientists Club. You can sign up from today to attend this club."

The class started cheering. Eden looked around and noticed everyone was cheering and she did not understand why. She looked at Luigi and saw that he looked indifferent. Only him and Luigi were not cheering.

Eden put her hand up.

The teacher asked for silence and then said "Yes Eden... What is your question?"

Eden asked "What is this club about?"

The teacher said "Our school has been trying to join the syndicate of schools that run this program. It is an exciting opportunity for any student to participate. This club involves everything a student interested in science with a curious mind can ever ask for. I think you really could be asking what is this club not about. There are exciting projects leading to participation in national competitions. The rewards are so worth the hard work and dedication this club needs. The theory and the practical aspects are so advanced. But with the enthusiasm and the academic ability I see in our year group I can see this project taking off into opening a world of opportunities for all the participants that make it to the end. Guaranteed college scholarships and internships are up for grabs at the end of this academic year alone for selected students who contribute the most. I know you are not in your senior year yet, but even some colleges are participating here. Even if you do not want to study science in College they will take into account your contribution to the projects in this club when you apply. This club is also about team work and research skills and not just about science."

Eden was definitely interested. She was going to sign up and looked forward to it. She liked science and the opportunities this club offered sounded great. She liked learning more about science in projects. So the awards came as bonus if they won. And if they did not win anything she was sure she was going to learn so many new skills.

A student put his hand up "Sir. Who will be the club president? A student has to lead the entire team... Who have you picked from this year group sir?"

The teacher walked right upto to Eden's desk and pointed to Luigi "I nominated Luigi Alessandrini. The head of science department has approved it."

This was news to Luigi "You want me to lead this club sir?:" His voice was drowned as everyone started clapping.

Eden was confused why everyone was clapping for Luigi. How popular could he be? He had just started in this school last week just like how she had.

The teacher asked for silence and then students put their hands up one by one and spoke "We will win for sure..." The other student said "Yes. Luigi's school won so many top awards for their future scientists club last year..." Another one said "Luigi lead the team to success. We are so lucky he joined this school sir. His old school is now a club president short." The rest of the class cheered again.

Eden was listening and taking in the information. So Luigi was a scientist leader jock.

Luigi was shaking his head "Sir. I think I may have too many timetable clashes. I have hardly any room on my timetable to fit anything else." This was an excuse. He had done all this  before. He thought his days of science club presidency was over. He just preferred to spend more time with doing more fun things in his own time. He could manage with adding this  club to his current timetable. No problem there.