She met her mom's teary eyes and relented.

"I want to go home." Rowan begged.

Melissa stayed with her girl for as long as she could, but work calls and an asthma attack is nothing new for either of her twins.

Rowan was content letting her mom think asthma was her only problem.

🐺

Derek's text finally came, asking her to meet him after school but since she was already home, she didn't see the harm in going early.

She ran to the address he sent her and arrived at an old warehouse. She walked through the front and followed the sound of his heartbeat down the stairs and into a basement.

"Where are we and whose junk is this?" Rowan asked, looking around at the dimly lit room. There were two rows of ceiling lights that casted strange shadows on all of the stuff surrounding them; plastic tubes, towers of tires, palettes, barrels, and other shelves full of weird knick knacks. The main attraction, though, was what looked like an old rusty subway car with busted windows and no doors.

Derek whipped around at the sound of her voice, surprised to find her there. He gained composure and stood from the wooden box he was digging through. "It's not just junk." He said and motioned for her to follow him further into the basement but she stayed where she was.

"Oh." Rowan smiled. "So it's your junk."

"Just...just come here." Derek sounded exasperated, amusing Rowan further. She moved from her spot in the doorway and walked to his side in front of the subway car.

"What are we doing here?" She asked.

"It's the full moon tonight."

"Yeah. Trust me, I'm aware."

"Well, you wanted me to be your teacher. Your next lesson is how to get through the full moon without hurting anyone, including yourself."

"You think you can teach me to control the shift?" Rowan asked, confused. "I thought you said it was different for bitten wolves."

"We don't know that for sure. I want to try before assuming anything. First, we'll use some of the techniques I was taught when I first shifted and if they don't work we'll go from there. We'll figure something out."

Rowan studied his determined face. He wasn't just doing this for his own benefit, she realized. He genuinely wanted to help her. She stepped inside the subway car and crossed her arms. "Alright, Mr. Hale, let's do this."

He shook his head at her and fiddled with some chains attached to the metal poles previously used by commuters. Rowan looked around and noticed there were even more attached to seats nearby.

"So, am I standing or sitting?" Rowan asked.

"It's your choice. You need to be as comfortable as you can given the circumstances." Derek said. Rowan nodded and walked past him to get to the seat. He followed and kneeled in front of her. He began attaching the cuffs to her wrists and ankles. "This is going to hurt and you'll probably lose control for the first full moon, but remember that I'm here and even if you do manage to get through the chains, I won't let you hurt anyone."

Rowan didn't have words to convey how grateful she was, so she settled for a simple 'thank you'. He nodded and finished with the cuffs. She rubbed her wrists where the cold metal met her skin while Derek went to the front of the car. He returned with the worst thing Rowan had ever seen. It was a circular piece of metal big enough for a head with pins all the way around it. She didn't know what it was, but she immediately shook her head.

Through the Witchwood (Teen Wolf)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें