Capter Six: Being Hunted

A/N: I’ve got a question; do you know anyone who could help me with terms related to dancing? I’ve tried to do some research for a future chapter (chapter ten, to be precise) but I’m probably failing miserably with the terminology, as
a) I’ve never come across with English dancing terminology before writing the chapter in question
b) I don’t dance myself, so I’m not too familiar with that terminology even in Finnish
So, if you happen to know someone who does know these terms, please, please, let me know. I really need some help if – and when – I want to make that chapter sound at least somewhat realistic.

Enough of this for now, enjoy the chapter! :)

Sara’s POV

I turned to look at approaching Fíli. He had a wide smile on his face.

“Sara, nice to see you are back among us again. How are you feeling?”

“I’m fine.” Thorin gave me a sharp look. “…enough.” I added to make him satisfied.

Fíli chuckled.

“So you found the cave?” Thorin asked.

“Yes, we did.”

“Is it far from here?”

“Nope, in fact it’s only minutes away from here.”

“And no more trolls?”

“No more trolls.”

“Right. Let’s go and check that cave out.”

Thorin stood and helped me up, too.

“Do you think you can walk on your own?” He asked.

“Of course I can, like I already said, I’m – WHOA!”

Seemed like I wasn’t able to walk on my own after all; the moment I took the first step I lost my balance and would’ve fallen face first to the ground had Thorin not caught me.

“Thanks.” I said sheepishly.

“Let me help you”, was all that Thorin said.

“Do I have a choice?” I asked only a little bitterly.

“No, actually you don’t.”

Fíli clearly had some hard time not to laugh.

Thorin put my right arm on his shoulders and his left hand around my waist to get a firm hold of me. Then he told Fíli to show the way.

We walked in silence, so I had time to think and hence noticed something, that something being Thorin’s hand on my waist. Not that it was there, but what it felt like. I couldn’t say for sure what that feeling was but it felt nice. Very nice indeed.

“Pretty arse, you said?” Thorin asked so quietly that Fíli couldn’t hear. He actually sounded amused!

Light! Why did I say that?

“I thought a little bit of sarcasm would work in there.” Thank the Light I managed to keep straight face saying that!

Thorin just chuckled and we kept walking. Honestly, if things kept going this way, I could find myself wishing the old Thorin came back.

***

We arrived to the cave soon, just like Fíli had said we would. I got warm greetings alike Fíli’s when others noticed us. When Thorin let go of me I sat on the rock next to me, not quite ready to stand on my own two feet just yet.

“Has anyone been in yet?” Thorin asked.

“Not yet.”

Thorin nodded.