Chapter Four: Reasons

A/N: I’m trying to find a fitting song for every chapter I’ve written (I know, that's quite a task I've assinged for myself), but with this one I’m going to need your help. So I’d be overly happy if you sent me a link to the song that you think that describes this chapter or is related to it in some way.  Please? *makes irresistible puppy dog eyes* O.O

That holds true for the future chapters, too, whether I’ve already linked a song to it or not. It may well be that I haven’t been able to find the best song and have chosen the second to best, and I’d certainly be over the moon if you’d let me know of what would end up being that best song. :)

Sara’s POV

I smiled widely when I looked at Bilbo running after us. Thorin, who had already urged his pony on move, stopped and turned to look at the hobbit unreadable look on his face.

“I signed it!” Bilbo called out, seemingly proud of his decision, and gave the contract to Balin. The old dwarf looked through the contract.

“Everything appears to be in order.” Balin said. “Welcome, Master Baggins, to the Company of Thorin Oakenshield.”

“Give him a pony.” With that Thorin urged his pony on the move again.

“Nononono, that won’t be necessary.” Bilbo said suddenly. “I can – I’m sure I can keep up on foot, you know. I-I’ve done my fair share of – walking holidays, you know? Even as far as Frogmorton once – AAHG!”

I found myself giggling when Fíli and Kíli cut Bilbo’s gabble off by grabbing his bag straps and lifting him up on the back of a light brown pony.

“That was quite mean, you know.” I said still chuckling when Fíli and Kíli came back to either side of me. “He seems to be afraid of ponies.”

“I can assure you that Myrtle doesn’t bite him.” Fíli said smirking, “and it’s not as mean as using my sword against my brother.” He continued, smirk on his face even wider than before.

“It was lying there in my feet! Why should I have not used it?” I asked, making my voice sound fake-hurt.

Fíli and Kíli laughed at that, and I joined them.

“But really, you are very skilled with that sword of yours.” Kíli said. “Like Uncle said, he is the only other who has managed to beat us.”

“I was lucky.” I brushed his compliments off. “If you hadn’t stumbled, Fíli, I would’ve been screwed. I had no plan how to best you. What in the Light’s name you stumbled upon anyway?”

“Well”, Fíli said a bit sheepishly, “I stumbled on my sword. That one I dropped when you cut off my hand.”

“You stumbled on your own sword?”

“Yup. I stepped on its hilt, and since I didn’t except to stand on uneven ground, I lost my balance.”

“Well, we can always have a rematch. I would very much like to duel with both of you, separately.” I winked.

“Mahal, no!” Fíli and Kíli laughed.

“Why not?”

“Because if I lost with Kíli’s help I’ll be absolutely beaten in duel on my own, and my pride couldn’t stand that!” Fíli explained.

“And I already noticed that you are better one of the two of us. I don’t need a rematch to prove that. If you want a proper duel you should ask Uncle.” Kíli continued. “How long have you been training with sword anyway?”