Following Korra, the three children behind them at all times, they walked to Su's conference room. When they opened the doors, they were greeted by everyone in the family except Baatar Jr.

"Korra? Rae?" Asked Su once she saw the two women, "I can't believe it, where have you been?"

Before Su could get to Rae and embrace her niece, Huan and the twins were around her, pulling her in a tight hug. She smiled softly and patted their backs, pulling Opal in a hug after the three boys stepped away.

"You disappeared," exclaimed Su as she let go of Korra and brought her niece in a hug, "Everyone was so worried. Iroh was worried, even if he probably knew where you were." The last sentence came as a mutter from Su's mouth that she whispered in Rae's ear, making the woman wince at the fact that she was away for more than she told everyone she would be.

"We'll tell you the story later," said Korra, "right now, we want to help you stop Kuvira. What can we do?"

~

"Kuvira doesn't listen to reason, Korra!"

The Avatar groaned as she turned towards Rae. The older woman was standing by one of Huan's statues, leaning on it as she stared at Korra go to try and reason with the dictator. Her hands were crossed over her chest and her fingers were drumming on her skin rapidly.

"How do you know?" asked Korra with open arms.

"I know her Korra," said Rae as she pushed herself off the statue and approached the Avatar, "we used to be friends as kids. Now, she doesn't listen to anyone. She's a dictator that wants to rule the world!"

"You don't know that" exclaimed Korra, "She just wants the Earth Kingdom to be stable again."

"It can be stable without Zaofu. Zaofu is stable on its own!"

"I'll just try and talk it out with her," said Korra, not wanting to continue the argument with Rae. The Guardian rolled her eyes and stayed put as Korra walked away. The deep frown she wore formed a small crease between her eyebrows. For some time, she didn't move from her spot next to Huan's statue, hoping that Korra would return and say she made a deal with Kuvira. Even if Rae truly believed it wasn't possible and that the woman didn't know what reason meant, she still hoped Korra used her Avatar charisma to made it happen.

However, as the night began to set, Su approached the woman. She wasn't wearing her usual clothes, and Rae frowned when she didn't hear the tingling of the metal accessories she used to wear.

"Where are you going?" she asked, her voice alert.

Su sighed, "I'm taking the twins and we're going to end this for good."

"And why do you think this is such a good idea?" asked Rae, and Su didn't miss the fact that the Guardian didn't express her displeasure with the idea as she thought Rae would do.

"It's the only way."

The Guardian didn't say anything else, making Su frown this time. The older Beifong could see how she was thinking about it, how the small wheels of her brain turned over and over again. She wasn't against the idea, and Su was sure that somehow, Rae was completely for the idea but just wouldn't admit it.

"It's dangerous," exclaimed the Guardian when no other argument came to her brain.

"If we do this and we succeed," started Su as she approached her niece, "then it's all over. If we fail, either we get captured now, or we get captured when Kuvira enters the city. Either way, this is the only option we have."

"It's a bad idea," said Rae, turning her body away from her aunt, "but I won't stop you."

Su stared at the woman for a moment before a small grateful smile grew on her lips. She left before Rae could change her mind.

A few minutes passed before Baatar Senior, Su's husband, came running in and asking Rae about Su. He told her how he found a note saying that she went to take down Kuvira and asked the woman if it was true. Rae could only nod.

When Korra came back, she went straight to Baatar, who was pacing the grounds.

"Where's Su?" asked the Avatar, "I have to talk to her."

"She's not here," said the man, "she took Wing and Wei."

He struggled with his next words, making Rae push herself off the pillar she was leaning on. "They're going to sneak into Kuvira's camp," she stated bluntly, "and put an end to this."

~