𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒: 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠.

Start from the beginning

Qui-Gon had given me homework for these few days, so I would fully take advantage of my new space and time. He explained the whole commlink situation to me and apparently there was a Jedi on the loose, therefore justifying Obi-Wan and Anakin's job in the Temple. As he predicted, I was completely mad at Anakin for failing at killing one of them and putting us at such risk. Qui-Gon made his biggest effort in calming me down,  seeing how crazy his office ended up after my little tantrum. Let's just say that I had to send some troopers over to clean up the mess.

Which leads me to my new assigned tasks; Qui-Gon needed us stronger than ever to be able to face this imminent threat, so he sent me over to the library to hit the books. He wanted me to memorize all of the Sith and Dark Side tricks I wasn't familiar with yet and to re-practice the ones I already knew, as well as learning some Light Side of the Force techniques, mostly to recognize them in combat and know how to fight them. I always loved reading, so this wasn't a drag at all, but in the moments I gave myself a break (there were more than five hundred books in the enormous library, there was no way I was finishing any time soon), I was bored as hell.

I walked around the building, dragging my feet and lazily kicking the air, making a mental map because I still didn't know every room of it. I would sit on my balcony and swing my legs on the edge of it, feeling the dangerous adrenaline of being so close to falling. I would go to the terrace and smoke a cigarette. Or I would do some stretching in my room or knife-throwing, just so I wouldn't lose practice, but not even that would give me the fun I needed. I even tried to bake, but eating chocolate cupcakes alone was borderline depressing. Everything was way too quiet for my taste.

Nonetheless, the weirdest part came from how much I hated to be this calm. Since Anakin wasn't here, my whole routine changed: I worked out all by myself (with the few exceptions when Qui-Gon would come and train me) and it just wasn't the same, having a partner made it way funner. There was no fun bickering, no competition, no heavenly abs at sight... I had an empty feeling when I realized that I didn't have to be so alert when exploring; he wasn't here. But that was the ugly part; unconsciously I longed him here, arousing me, sending goosebumps with just his attractive smirk. I found myself wondering what he was doing in several moments of the day; one thought standing out from the rest:

Would he be thinking about me too?

From the minute he left, my mind wouldn't shut up about him. Weirdly, because I thought that without his presence as a distraction, I would finally achieve some peace. Instead, I was hornier than ever and I had to smack my hand away from touching myself whenever a memory of our first time together came to my mind. Stop! First and only time, miss. I wouldn't say I missed him, but hell... I craved our little interactions.

However, I think that even when he would come back, there was something that switched between us that day in the meeting room. I remembered our first team meeting since their departure, it was via hologram. I was standing behind Qui-Gon and Anakin and Obi-Wan were little figures on the desk. Obi and Qui-Gon talked a lot between each other, about how all the records proved Anakin's success and that there was no reason to believe one of them escaped. It was all blabbering to me because my focus was on trying to find out why Anakin wasn't looking at me. During meetings, his eyes were glued on me or my body, not doing much to hide his looks. This time? Nothing. Not one single deviated glance. It was like I didn't exist. I was not about to stay behind and I matched his strategy, giving him the cold treatment as well. Qui-Gon was proud of us for not arguing, but neither of us said much.

I expected him to go back to normal when they returned, fully knowing that he would insist once more on hooking up... 

Knowing or hoping?