New beginnings

Lazarus pov

Liza, my Liza, my Elizabeth, my mate was asleep in my arms, she looked so peaceful, so relaxed and so serene. She had a death grip on my shirt which was balled jn her fists getting crumpled, but who cared. She was in my arms, that was all that mattered.

I had dreamed of this moment for a long time. Even when I was baffled and angry at the goddess above for pairing with me a species that I hated from the core of my heart, this girls beauty and serenity drawers me towards her. Watching her sleep on the floor while I laid awake on the bed, watching her sleep was so hard.

Of course the rumours are true, we vampires never sleep, we never need it, but we sleep for fun, specially when we're in the presence of someone we can trust with our lives and we feel absolutely safe.

Of course I trust Liza and of course I feel safe with her, but I don't trust the world outside these four walls. What if I'm asleep and one of the anti monarch's attack us and my Liza gets harmed. She is asleep in my arms with the hope that she is safe in my arms and I intend to keep her safe. I will only get a wink of sleep when those traitors are dead.

I watch as she snuggles more into me, her heartbeat beating softly and her body posture completely relaxed. Her lips were parted and her eye lashes fluttered every few minutes. She looked like a true queen. No one can ever compare to her no matter what the world will say. Even if the goddess above comes down and tells me their is someone more beautiful than Liza I will refuse, it is impossible.

A cool breeze from the open window of the room, makes Liza shiver. With a flick of a wrist I conjure my small magical power and close the window. I take a blanket which was lying in the floor next to me and wrap it around me and her. I can't heat my body up, she must be feeling cold because of my body contact. I wish I had the strength to untangle her from my arms, but I don't, I need her to ground me, I need to hold her and reassure myself she is in my arms.

I try to contain myself but I can't and hence I plant my lios on her forehead and watch how she smiles in her sleep like she knows it's me. Unknown to her, she snuggles into me even more, not that there was any place for any distance between her but she still tries, points to that.

"Liza, I promise to protect you till the day I die and even when I do die I'll come back as ghost and watch over you. Those anti monarchs are going down. No one harms what king Lazarus loves. Specially not his mate. " I whisper as I kiss her forehead again.

The next morning , the sun shines through the curtains, illuminating the features of the beauty in my arms, I watch as her eyes flutter open and she stares up at me.

"Good morning Liza" I said smiling, a rare smile reserved for those close to me.

"Good morning zar. How did you know that only people close to me can call me Liza? " She asked.

"I may have stalked your personal life, when you were brought with me to this realm" I said sheepishly.

"Zar, stalking is wrong" She said smiling

"I'm a king, nothing I do is wrong. Plus I was just stalking my mate" I said and she shook her head smiling.

Yawning she unfurled herself from my body and stretched Ghosh she looks beautiful. I need the han invention, what was it called... The moveable talking device which can take realistic pictures.... Ah! Yes, a smartphone.. I need one and will get one... These moments between us need to be captured.

I watch as she looks at the almirah for something to wear. I walk up next to her and then pick out her dress.

"Sweetheart, wear this, you will look phenomenal in this, enchanted with love and care, this ist mothers creation" I said