Don't leave me

Elizabeth POV
The past few day were horrendous. Working you're arse off only to get attacked by some vampires who wish to just drink your blood and then leave you to bleed so that their king could receive a message is idiotic. My neck and body hurts.

But do you know what hurts more?
The fact that my mate left me alone again... Left me to defend myself in this realm alone. Just when I thought I had broken down his walls, I said something stupid and now I'm all alone again.

When Lazarus left me alone to go down stairs to go and make me some food.. I was left alone to deal with my thought. What changed over night? What got him to open up? Why was he being a softie in me and not a meanie? What in the seven heavens happened? Did he get a hit on his head? Is he a duplicate of my mate? Is my original mate dead?  At least I knew he was going to come back. Now I can't even possibly think whether he will come back or not. What if he doesn't? What will thay mean for me?

Jerking me back go reality, was my mate with his hand on my shoulder concerned as to what had my so lost. Pouring my heart out to him, I realised he was just broken and angry at humans for killing his family. What would happen if I tell him that his family was dead because my family existed?.

Long ago my great grandparents took on the vampires , ready to wipe them out of existence, ready to rise to power. Gathering men women and children, they led a rebellion, killing the king Queen and the rest of the Royal Family except one kid... Lazarus. Why? It was a message to the vampires to tell them that  humans are superior than them and that they deserve to be hidden away from the human civilisation and that 'we' don't need them to protect us from the wolf community.

Since the fallout with my family, about them killing innocent vampires just for fun and power, I have been alone in this world. Lazarus was someone I am willing to fight for, but now I think no matter how hard I fight I will never win. He has left me for good this time. All thanks to my cursed family.

When he asked me why I never objected to his ways... I could help but tell him the truth. I think that was a mistake. The moment I told him the story, his demeanor hardened, he stated at me with what looked like anger and then rushed out.

It took months for us to accept each other and my revelations just put of the track.... Permanently.

This comes to me as no shock. I knew that when he would find out what happened years ago was because of my family, he would leave me. But it hurt.. It still hurt. Now I was on my own in an unknown realm with my mate angry at me.

I had been pondering about what happened , that I realised it was time for dinner. I was hungry but I was not willing to eat. Lazarus had been gone for around 8 hours and I was worried. I can't stand to see him hurt. Is it better for me to just become a blood bag to one of the vampires and leave?. Sighing I laid down and soon sleep invaded my restless mind.

Somewhere in the middle of the night I woke up to a cold body pressed to me. Turning around slightly I inhaled the familiar scent of zar

"Zar..? "

"Ssh baby... Sleep will talk about everything tomorrow" He whispered

"When did you get back and how long have you been back. Where were you? I was scared? Please don't leave me. " I said panicky and sat up straight.

I felt zar move his palms up and down my arms trying to calm me down

"Sweety.. Ssh... I'm not leaving you... Whatever happened years ago was not your fault... You're not to be blamed... I'm not leaving you... Calm down hunny" He whispered

"Where did you go... I thought you left me ... Alone... For good... In this unknown realm" I said between my sons

"Darling.... I will never leave you... Will never let you go.... You're far more important to me than anything in this world... Even my life. I just left to let of some steam... I was angry at your family but not you.... It's not the path you chose... You chose to live Way from the vampire slaying community... You chose to stay with me here in this realm... Great me with love care and respect even though at the start I was just a bitch... To you... I will never leave you. I'm so sorry I made you feel that way. "He said as I squeezed him tighter hugging him.

Slowly I began to calm down and zar being the vampire he is, just rocked me back and fourth.

" Sleep sweetheart, with me here you have nothing to fear. "He whispered

" Will you stay here when I wake up? "I asked softly

" I will be here when you wake up... I won't leave you, vulnerable and open to threats.. I was a an arrogant idiot before to ever do so but now no such situation shall ever arise for you"he whispered. I felt him kiss my forehead and then I was out like a drunk maiden.