Chapter 9: Boy was I in for something

Start from the beginning

My favorite was when I covered her eyes and put her in the car. We drove randomly down the interstate until she said to stop. We ended up stopping at a cute little cafe in the middle of absolute no where.

I can be a good boyfriend and a druggie at the same time.

"Yeah, just different this time. Do you trust me?" I asked already forming a plan in my head. It wouldn't be so good since we were to stay on pack grounds and I don't know much about their land. Alpha Wright only showed me some these past two days.

Most of the places he showed me was where we where to have our wedding, where we would go for our honeymoon, the training area where I train the warriors, and the pack house.

"You know I trust you dumbass," she rolled her eyes and walked out the door. I took a scarf from her dresser and followed her.

Once down the stairs I tied a scarf around her eyes while she laughed like a little girl. My dad and sister told me it was stupid to plan dates like that but my mom thought it was so romantic. She thought I needed someone like Mia in my life to hold off my depression.

I first had depression when my grandfather died when I was thirteen. I started smoking and doing drugs at such a young age. I started to lose friends because they thought I was weird. Teachers sent me to the councilors office on a daily bases. They wanted to know how an honor roll student went from A's and B's to straight C's then to D's until I just stopped trying and then went to F's. They just didn't understand.

No one understood except Mia. She talked to me about my grandfather when everyone else would shield me from it. My sister used to wince and back away from me every time she accidentally mentioned his name.

I may have never gotten over my depression but Mia was helping. She dragged me off that cliff that I used to sit on. She sat there with me and helped me to walk away from it. After my grandfather died, I didn't think life was worth it anymore. Was it truly still worth it?

"St...stop," she stuttered and stopped. I looked around while keeping her eyes shut.

I led her into the place that she stopped at. It was a large kids candy shop called Kidd's Candy Land.

"I smell chocolate," she licked her lips. I led her into the room and put my hand over my mouth to tell the cashier, Kidd surprisingly, to stay quiet as I moved Mia around the room.

"I have to tell you something about my heat," she whispered so only I could hear her.

I nodded and moved her over to the aisle I was looking for. I grabbed handfuls of candy and brought them.

Kidd smiled at us and we left. I found a park and sat her down at the swing set. She began to lazily swing back and forth.

"Open your mouth," she stuck out her tongue. I unwrapped the Hershey chocolate bar and put some in her mouth. She ate it and licked her lips.

"Hershey cookies and cream chocolate, my favorite. I didn't think you'd remember," she smiled and ate some more of the chocolate.

"Guess this one and I'll take the scarf off your eyes," I unwrapped another piece of candy from its package and stuck it on her tongue. She sucked on it.

"It tastes like... watermelon jolly ranchers," she laughed and ripped the scarf from her eyes and looked around.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked sitting in the swing beside her and splitting the candy between us.

Mia loved candy. Wherever we went on our dates, she always had some type of candy she was chewing or sucking on. It was annoying when she smacked her gum, but when she sucked on jolly ranchers it was cute because she puckers her lips.