sixteen : the meter is broken!

☁️🦋☁️

The two did not foresee running into a strange antique store that had a love meter. Sharing a look, the two knew what they had to do.

Thereafter, Jungkook and Taehyung paid the owner to try the machine out. Unlike six months ago, they had smiles sneaking over their lips. Fingers were intertwined, and they were quibbling now over who would press the "on" key.

Nevermind. The owner, not preferring the noises the two were causing, ended up pushing the key. And afterward returned to his work leaving the couple alone. The two staring at one another giggled again. I swear to god, so much in love!! not that I mind, though.

This time, all their answers contained a "yes." Jungkook grinned, closing his eyes as he leaned over to press his coconut head over Taehyung's heart as the red-colored meter calculated their heartbeats and answers.

But. . .

Wait. . .

Why is the arrow in the machine—

Oh Crap!

The meter is broken!!

The two fellows promptly dashed out of the shop, holding hands, laughing as they witnessed the smoke growing out of the instrument. At that moment, nothing mattered to them, nor their destiny nor their history. That is how young love is. That is how school love is. Nothing counts when you're in love.

Their hearts formed their choice, and they chose each other for love. A mere love meter indeed cannot measure their love, but it did give them hope— hope that they could love and more. Exploring the room for themselves in each other, they will grow old, to know each other more and better.

As I said, it is always the little things we fall in love with. Little things. 

The end. 

☁️🦋☁️