CHAPTER 21

Dusshala brought Kalyani in her own room, as Padmavija and Padmavati followed her behind.

"So Kalyani is your name ?" Dusshala asked.

The nav-vadhu didn't say anything, just nodded with her lowered gaze. Dusshala cupped her face and made Kalyani look at her.

"A-are you alright ? I-Is this marriage forced ?" Dusshala asked.

At that tears fell from Kalyani's eyes that she was holding back from so long.

"Yes... It is...." She sobbed.

"Oh dear..." Padmavati sat beside her rubbing her back.

"M-Maharaj has taken my parents as his captive.... If I had said no then they would've suffered even more." Kalyani said.

"That is a despicable crime.... You look somewhere around my age.... Yet Chachashree doesn't think about his limits. We have to stop him !" Padmavija said.

"We cannot...." Padmavati said. At that Kalyani looked at her.

"Kalyani is his wife. We cannot stop Agnimitra here." Padmavati said worriedly.

"No.... Please.... Rani maa... Please help me..." Kalyani pleaded.

"Bhabhishree, your devar listens to you. Please do something and save her." Dusshala said.

"I'm afraid Agnimitra is out of reach now." Padmavati said closing her eyes as a drop tear rolled down her cheek.

Suddenly the door opened, startling all the ladies. Their breath hitched seeing Agnimitra, with a pissed off expression.

"I think it's enough bonding time for today." Agnimitra said entering.

He walked up towards the ladies grabbed the hand of Kalyani, dragging her outside with him. She turned to look at Dusshala, Padmavati and Padmavija who also looked at her helplessly.

Dusshala stood up and ran outside her room, and to the shrine of the bhavan, where the idol of Narayan was placed.

"Narayan, prabhu, she is a child ! Save her from the nightmare is about to be subjected to ! Save my husband from committing such a sin !" Dusshala said falling on her knees and joining her hand.

On the other side Agnimitra brought Kalyani to her new room, closing the door behind. Kalyani jerked her hand off from his grasp making him look at her.

"Maharaj, please don't make yourself the subject to hell." Kalyani said.

At that Agnimitra walked towards her and grabbed her upper arms, as she struggled in his grasp.

"I don't know about myself but you are definitely making your parents subject to hell." Agnimitra said.

He pushed her behind, making her fall on the bed. Kalyani looked at Agnimitra with wide eyes as he walked towards her.

"Narayan..." She muttered closing her eyes, dreading what was about to come.

But it didn't come, Kalyani opened her eyes and saw Agnimitra was standing with his eyes shut, his eyebrows were frowned, he was panting for some reason.

His hands went up and held his head, it seemed as though he was in pain. Suddenly Agnimitra turned around and left hurriedly.

Kalyani instantly got up and went up to the door, locking it so no one enters. She sighed in relief and thanked Narayan a thousand times.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Now the story starts to unfold.... Cause most of you forgot that this was also a mystery book.... 🌝🌝