CHAPTER 18

The cavalry along with their king had reached the premises of Chandrapuri. Agnimitra was mounted on his royal horse as they went past the forest.

Suddenly a faint humming sound fell on his ears, causing him to stop in his tracks.

"What happened Maharaj ?" Senapati asked.

"Do you hear a humming sound ?" Agnimitra asked.

"Faintly but yes." Senapati nodded.

"I shall be right back." Agnimitra said leaving.

He went towards the direction where the humming sound came from, soon he reached at the banks of the river stream and saw a young girl around the age of 17.

She was none other than Kalyani who was humming the bhajan of Narayan, as she filled water in the pot, completely carefree about her surroundings.

'Beautiful.' Agnimitra thought looking at her.

After her pot was filled Kalyani stood up and left, so lost in humming the bhajan that she didn't even notice Agnimitra's presence.

'What is a beautiful maiden like her doing singing a bhajan ? It would be much better if she sang for me.' Agnimitra thought.

A smirk appeared on his face as he went back to where his cavalry was.

"Maharaj is everything alright ?" Senapati asked.

"It is better. Set up the camp right here." Agnimitra said.

"But Chandrapur is just an hour away." Senapati said.

"I don't like repeating myself." Agnimitra said.

"As you say Maharaj. Soldiers ! Set up the camp !" Senapati ordered.

On the other side in the temple, Kalyani was offering prayers to Narayan when her parents Anand and Jyoti came towards her.

"Putri ?" They called.

Kalyani smiles recognising the voices and then turns around to see her parents. But she frowns seeing a worries plastered on their face.

"What happened ? Is everything alright ?" Kalyani asked.

"Now it is, but we don't know for how long." Jyoti said.

"What do you mean Mata ?" Kalyani asked.

"Maharaj Agnimitra has returned from the war, he has set his camp in this forest. You shouldn't stay alone here now." Anand said.

"But why ?" Kalyani asked.

"Don't you know how he is ? Putri, god forbid, but if his eyes fall on you then we all will be doomed. You shouldn't be here right now." Jyoti said.

"Forgive me Mata, but leave the temple because out of fear ? Impossible. I shall not leave my devotion for Narayan, for anything." Kalyani said.

"We are not asking you to leave devotion, all we are asking you is to leave from here and stay home for a few days." Anand said.

"Pitashree, I have faith over my aradhya. He won't let any harm befall me." Kalyani assured.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Maan leni thi unki baat, Kalyani.....
😶😶😶😶