CHAPTER 8

"What is the meaning of this Aryaputra ?" Dusshala asked.

At that Agnimitra started chuckling, which soon turned into a laughter as he got down from the bed and came towards her.

"Is this a joke ?" Dusshala asked angrily.

"No. But our marriage is." Agnimitra said.

"What ?" Dusshala muttered.

"You really thought that the enmity between Chandrapur and Hastinapur will end so easily ?" Agnimitra said, his tone turning serious.

"S-so everything was a p-pretence ?" Dusshala asked.

"It was revenge, for the centuries of bloodshed, for the death of our warriors, for the death of my brother Agnihotra." Agnimitra said walking towards her.

He held her shoulders and pinned her to the wall, his fingers digging in her upper arms. Dusshala looked at him in the eyes, which were cold and menacing.

"Nath bhet kar Kuru-kumar Duryodhan ne Pushyakul ko apmanit kiya tha aur maine, Pushya-samrat ne Kuruvansh ke samman ki hi nath utar di." Agnimitra said showing her the nose-ring she had worn last night.

Dusshala looked at him and tears rolled down her cheeks as Padmavati came and separated the two, making him to let her go.

Padmavati with teared eyes took her outside the room as Agnimitra laughed at the broken condition of Dusshala, the pride of Kurus.

Padmavati brought Dusshala outside the Maharaj bhavan and then looked at her who was completely grief-stricken.

"Dear, are you alright ?" Padmavati asked.

Dusshala didn't say anything, seeing her frozen in shock tears also rolled down the eyes of Padmavati as she hugged her.

"Bhabhishree....." Dusshala sobbed in her embrace as Padmavati rubbed her back.

Dusshala then suddenly broke the hug and started running as Padmavati followed her, calling her name behind. But before she could reach her, Dusshala went to her room closing the door.

She looked around her room, whatever happened last night was pretence, Agnimitra lied to her, betrayed her in the worst way possible.

She fell on her knees and started crying again. Her dignity and identity was crushed by him. He punished her to die from within as she lives.

Her soul was questioning her now, questioning her identity, was she the Maharani of Chandrapuri or a pawn crushed between two enemy kingdoms ?

Dusshala had expected that she will be the reason for her husband's glory and victory but turns out she was mere toy for Agnimitra to play with.

She wondered what was her fault that her dignity was shattered due to the enmity of Hastinapur and Chandrapuri, neither she had started it nor she had any hand in it, then why was it she who payed ?

She was now left of nowhere, neither of Hastinapur nor of Chandrapur. What will she do ? Dusshala was nothing but a namesake queen of an incongruent king.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

And that's how the book gets the title INCONGRUENCY.

In this context, it means the image of yourself you potray in front of others which is different from your actual self.

Meme -

Haldhar_Hridaya who roleplayed as Dusshala because Ankit arora was in lead -

Me who praised him but still showed him in negative light -

*Nervously chuckles*