CHAPTER 17

It is next morning Jarasandh was fuming in anger because the entire tents of Magadh army were reduced to ashes along with food grains, horses and elephants.

Magadh-samrat was left with no choice but to retreat and accept defeat. Right now he was in the camp of Chandrapuri, sitting on the discussion table with all the delegates from both the kingdom.

"Treachery you have done Agnimitra, you attacked us at night." Jarasandh said.

Agnimitra chuckled sitting sideways on the throne, his feet hanging from the armrest as he fidgeted with his dagger, spinning it between his finger.

"You should've been more careful, Magadh-samrat." Agnimitra said.

"Fighting after sunset is against the rules !" Jarasandh smacked his hands on the discussion table.

"When your enemy is someone like me then you should stay alert all the time or else there would be consequences, just as you experienced. Now sign the treaty of surrender." Agnimitra said looking at him.

"I will not !" Jarasandh said.

He was about to throw the scroll in front of him but Agnimitra threw his dagger at it, pinning it to the wooden table. Jarasandh looked at the treaty and then at Agnimitra.

"Magadh-samrat, don't test my patience. I am being more than gracious here. I could've taken control over entire Magadh after banishing you but I am not. All I am asking you to do is sign the treaty of surrender, so we both can go back to our kingdoms, it's been almost a year." Agnimitra said.

Jarasandh looked at him confused and then took the quill, dipped in ink and singed the treaty of surrender. But one question plagued his mind as the Senapati of Chandrapuri took the scroll.

"It is true that if you wanted you could've taken control over the entire Magadh but you didn't. Why ?" Jarasandh asked.

Agnimitra smirked as he sat down straight, looking at Jarasandh dead in the eyes.

"Kingdoms come and go, dynasties come and go, kings come and go. What is the point of such power that is only for a time being ? I do not seek such temporary power, for I do not even consider it to be one." Agnimitra said menacingly.

"Then what power do you seek ?" Jarasandh asked.

"You like the rest, lack the capacity to understand it. Don't trouble your little brain." Agnimitra said standing up.

He went outside the tent as Jarasandh kept looking at him confused and speechless.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Agnimitra to Jarasandh -

When Jarasandh called him Agnimitra instead of Maharaj, I half expected him to reply - baap ka naam nahi lete beta 😂😂😂😂