Midnight

Jen was walking alone, in the dark street around the corner from her house. She was coming back from art club, and was starving for her mom's BLT burgers. Then, she saw a beautiful waterfall, sparkling from the light of the moon, she felt a pull to it, and as she walked slowly towards the waterfall, she heard her mother call from the window, "Jen! It's dinner time!" Jen seemed to snap out of a trance of some sort, confused, she replied "Coming Mom!"

Later that night she and her mom were washing the dishes, "Hey, Mom?" "Can I paint the waterfall after art club tomorrow, I won't be out too long." Her mother first wanted to say no, they lived in a small town in a world of kids getting injured of the street, "Ok, but please be careful.", and with that Jen washed up and went to bed.

The next day, Jen woke up and did her usual routine, it was summer so she didn't have to go to school. So she got dressed, had a bagel for breakfast, watched tv and played video games, until it was time for art club, as soon as art was over she rushed over to start painting the waterfall. When she got there, she felt the same strange feeling she got last night. She shook it off and began to paint, she loved the painting because it was just turning to nightfall so she got to show that in her work. She decided to do another painting of the waterfall from a different point of view, as she turned to the side of the waterfall she noticed a stone path behind the waterfall, she went behind and found the stranges but most magical thing in her life....

(Hi everyone, as you can tell I decided to leave you with a cliffhanger! I do have school so I will be posting the next chapter in 2 day! I am in a pickle though, I don't know what to call the next chapter, so please leave suggestions below, thanks!)