Chapter 12: The Island Challenge

Comenzar desde el principio

Burnet was a little surprised at first, but smiled joyfully.

"Why thank you Ash, that's so sweet of you to say."

Serena wiped any stuff from her mouth that might still be there with her napkin. She looked at Ash as she spoke up.

"So Ash, what do you want to do today?"

Ash paused as he took that question in. 'Hmm...what do I want to do today? Maybe I could do a little training...' he thought to himself. Burnet decided to speak up.

"Why don't you guys check out Iki Town today?"

"Iki Town?" Ash asked.

"Iki Town is a little town not too far from here. Its where the Kahuna of Melemele Island lives and its also where the Island Challenge ceremony is located" She explained.

"Ceremony?" Serena asked.

Burnet nodded. "The Island Challenge always beginnings with a little ceremony held in Iki Town, where newcomers who wish to partake in the Island Challenge will battle as a way to pay tribute to Tapu Koko. It also doesn't matter if a person wins or loses, as long as its fun" Burnet explained.

Ash took a minute to take all that in. He had been on the fence about the Island Challenge, but after an internal battle last night he made up his mind.

"Well then, let's go to Iki Town!" He said as he made a fist.

"Yeah!" Serena cheered.

"Hold on you two" Burnet said.

Ash and Serena looked at her with confusion.

"Before you go, why don't you explore around Hau'oli City a little? You can save Iki Town, for later. Besides, it can be like a date" She said, winking at the end.

Ash and Serena blushed, causing Burnet to laugh. But Ash and Serena decided to take her advice. After breakfast, the couples headed outside. They walked towards Hau'oli City and did a little sightseeing, this time without any weirdo trainers to bug them. As they walked, Ash spotted a store that had something in the window that he knew would be perfect for Serena. He looked at Serena.

"Hey Serena, I'll be right back, there's something I want to get."

"Huh? Oh. Okay."

Ash then ran off with Pikachu on his shoulder and Greninja to his side, and Rowlet in his backpack. Serena watched him run off with a little bit of confusion.

"Wonder what he wants to get without me."

Serena suddenly noticed something splashing in some nearby water. Upon closer inspection, it turned out to be a Pokemon, and it didn't look like a water type. She acted fast and reached for a Poke Ball.

"Popplio! Help out that Pokemon!" She said as she threw the ball.

Popplio appeared and dove into the water. It grabbed the struggling Pokemon and made it back to dry land. Serena ran over to check to see if it was ok. When she got close enough to it, she somewhat recognized it. It looked like a Vulpix, but it was white instead of red. Serena picked it up and held it in her arms. The Pokemon slowly started to open its eyes. It looked up and saw Serena looking at it with worry.

"Hey, are you alright?"

The Pokemon looked at her with confusion. It started to move but suddenly felt a surge of pain. It yelped and started to tear up. Serena looked and saw that its back leg was red, with a little blood still visible.

"Oh no! We need to find a Pokemon Center right now!"

Serena thanked Popplio and recalled her. She then took off towards a Pokemon Center, Delphox and Sylveon following her. She eventually made it to one and burst through the door. She saw nurse joy and ran up to her.