Chapter-19: New Favorite.

Start from the beginning

"I've been telling her forever about Usman's feeling towards her" I continue.

He nods smiling "When are you guys going to go to their place?" he asks climbing down the stairs. "Baba said that we would discuss it today, we didn't have any family discussions after I talked to you on phone yesterday" I say looking up at him.

We walk in the living room to see baba scrolling through his phone and mama probably in the kitchen. He looks up at me and Adam and raises his eyebrows "Up early today?" he asks with a knowing look.

"Please don't remind her again baba" Adam says chuckling and goes to sit with him on the couch. I go along with him as he is still holding my hand. I take my hand out of his as he sits across baba "I had to deal with a grumpy Maira for thirty minutes straight only for waking her up early" he adds winking at me. Baba laughs at his words and I glare playfully at him "You are supposed to be not laughing at this baba" I state and he laughs even more heartily.

"I'm going to deal with you two later" I say pointing my index finger at them and going towards the kitchen.

"Hey what did I do?" Adam asks loudly as I chuckle my way to mama.

"I don't even know how that boy handles you" mama says shaking her head and I narrow my eyes at her.

"There is nothing much to handle about me" I tell with my eyes still narrowed.

"And you guys are supposed to be on my side" I add scoffing and climbing on the kitchen bar stool.

"There are no sides anymore between you both honey" she says smiling at me. I smile back at her and nod "Usman is not up yet?" I ask. "He was up till late I guess, I heard him walking to the kitchen in the middle of the night" mama says furrowing her brows.

"I am sure his excitement kept him awake" I say smirking. "Oh stop troubling him, he was on the verge of crying yesterday in front of us" she says laughing.

"I know right, he was acting like a kid who got his favorite toy stolen when I teased him last night" I laugh recalling his face.

"How mean of you guys!" Usman exclaims coming behind me and hitting my head. "Oww, all I did was say the truth" I say rubbing the spot he hit.

"All I did was say the truth" he mocks before sitting on the stool beside mine. "Why is your prince charming here this early anyway?" he asks wiggling his eyebrows.

"He had made plans for breakfast" I inform pouring the juice in the jug.

"Then why are you still here?" he asks raising his eyebrows.

"He postponed it to lunch 'cause I didn't wake up early" I shrug.

"Such a spoil sport" he rolls his eyes.

"Such a spoil sport" I mock him back.

"And I was acting like a kid" he says.

"And I was acting like a kid" I mock again smiling slyly at him.

"I will push you off the chair if you don't stop right now" he glares pointing his index finger at me.

"I will push you off the chair if you don't stop right now" I continue smirking.

"Mama you shouldn't yell at me if she falls" he warns giving me a side glance.

"Mama you shouldn't yell--" I begin to mock again as mama cuts me off.

"You both are not getting any breakfast if you don't quit acting like children" Mama warns.

Me and Usman look at each other and bite back our laughs looking at mama's angry face. "You have your husband sitting in the living room and you are probably going get married by the end of this year and you guys still behave as little kids" mama says huffing, pointing her cooking spoon at the both of us.