| 2.40 |

I ran out of the city administration clutching two contracts tightly in my hand as I ran back down towards the black car. I desperately tried to shield the papers from the snow by shoving them inside my jacket.

I threw open the door on the passenger side of the car as I rushed in and slammed the door behind me, immediately pulling down my mask.

"Was I verfied?" Sunghoon questioned and I nodded as I brushed my hair out of my face.

"After the secretary was down seeing you and your passport she verified your identity and existence on her nice little computer," I waved it off as a small laugh escaped Sunghoon as I looked through both papers, immediately handing Sunghoon the one with his name on it, "here you go."

"Thanks," he muttered and grabbed the paper from me, before sucking in a deep shaky breath, "and you're sure you wanna do this?"

I looked up at Sunghoon with a small nod, showing him my paper where I already had written my signature to validate it. His eyes widened enough for me to worry they would pop out of his head.

"Let me live woman, I just got discharged, are you trying to kill me already?" he gasped before chuckling at me. I shrugged before looking down at my paper, slowly realizing what I just had signed.

"Holy shit, Sunghoon!" I exclaimed and snapped my head to him.

"So you realize it now?" he questioned in amusement as I just kept staring at him with widened eyes, "yeah. Now try and recreate it with a reduced liver."

"Oh get over yourself," I complained and immediately calmed down by the help of his joking demeanor, "now I would appreciate if you signed the contract."

"You went to that Scholarship meeting earlier, right?" he questioned frantically as he grabbed the pen I had extended towards him.

"I did," I nodded quietly before a small smile spread on my face, "are you regretting-"

"NO!" his loud exclamation had brought out a small laugh from me, "I just... I need to pull myself together! Just like signing any other contract."

"Yah, I am not any other contract," I complained to him and he immediately shook his head.

"No, yeah, you're right, sorry," he closed his eyes while just shaking his head, "my god what is happening to me?"

"Cold feet?" I questioned him and he just shook his head.

"No..." he trailed off, "Sieun, I need you to understand... right now this has absolutely nothing to do with you. I have never been so sure of anything in my life as I am with this."

"Then why are you hesitating?" I whispered and he sighed deeply.

"You still have your fears, right?" he questioned and I nodded at him, "I fear I won't be able to take proper care of you."

"Sunghoon," I let out a bright laugh at him, "I think you've proved more than enough that you can take proper care of me. You have nothing to fear."

"Okay..." he whispered quietly letting the tip if the pen touch the paper, "I believe you," he hummed and quickly signed the paper before letting out a shaky breat at the sight, slowly turning his head to send me a nervous smile, "oh well..."

I hesitantly grabbed the contract, waiting for myself to calm down enough for me to run back inside and hand them over.

I sucked in a deep breath before nodding and running out into the heavy snow once again. I handed the two contracts back to the secretary, who just smiled widely and congratulated me.

I quickly ran back outside again and rushed into the car, slumping back in my seat as I closed the car door. 

"Is this... does this mean... wait..." Sunghoon trailed off and I let out a small laugh of disbelief as my face fell into my hands, "I am a married man!"

I continued to let out small laughs as I turned my head to look at Sunghoon, who sat with a deep frown on his face looking like he was having a whole existential crisis.

"Don't look so horrified," I complained at him and he turned his head to look at me, his frown slowly turning into a smile.

"Well... can I kiss the bride then?" he questioned and I nodded as I sat up straight and puckered my lips out to him.

Sunghoon let out a small laugh before leaning forward and softly pressing his lips against mine. I tried to keep back my happy laugh, and eventually I could feel Sunghoon do the same only resulting in both of us pulling back from the other.

"I uhm... I have a surprise for you when we get home, but right now I'd appreciate you to put the ring on," he excused and held up my engagement ring, which he had kept for a few days while we waited for him to get discharged.

I smiled before extending my left hand to him. He gave me a small laugh before carefully sliding the ring on.

"Is it supposed to be on the left?" he questioned and I simply shrugged, relishing in the weird feeling of wearing the ring again.

"I prefer it to be on the left," I excused with a small shrug, "my mom wore hers on the left, she said it was the only finger that had a bloodvessel directly to the heart. I don't know if it's true though, but if it is, that's where I want it to be."

"Cute," he hummed and I smiled as he started the car and began backing out of the parking spot we had found.

"Now your surprise?" I questioned and he pressed his lips tightly together, turning the corners downwards in order not to smile, "I know you can't keep it a secret."

"I invited Jake and Narae over for dinner, but they don't know it's because we got married," he excused quietly, "I might've told them it was because it was your birthday and you didn't feel like celebrating it because I just got discharged and whatever. I gave Jake the code to the house and they agreed to prepare something to eat for us when we got home."

"You didn't," I gasped and he excitedly nodded, almost as if he was vibrating in the seat, "Sunghoon calm down."

"Sorry I'm just... ugh," he exclaimed happily, "it's not even evening yet and so far I've been discharged from the hospital with no problems or whatsoever. You accepted the scholarship for Architecture school. I'm now married with the girl of my dreams. How can I not... you know!" he waved his hand to expand further on the sentence he couldn't manage to finish.

"God, I'm so in love with you," I murmured in realization as he let out an excited laugh, his eyes turning upwards enough I actually worried if he was going to close them and completely ignore the road.