| 2.3 |

I let out a small pant as I got the bike to a halt outside a convenience store. I quietly got off the bike and took off my helmet before turning in time to see Sunghoon stumbling and almost knocking over the bike in the process.

"Sunghoon... are you really that bad at bikes?" I questioned and he looked over at me as he took of his helmet and just nodded.

I stayed quiet as I just nodded and pulled him with me into the convenience store. Almost immediately Sunghoon had wandered off to look through the store while I went over to the instant ramen shelf.

I immediately grabbed a cup for myself before getting one of the simplest ramen cups I possibly could get before beginning to wander around in an attempt to find Sunghoon again.

"Sieun?" a voice called out and I immediately rushed in the direction of it, "how are you gonna pay for this?" Sunghoon questioned as I turned down teh snack aisle.

"What do you mean?" I frowned at him and he just glanced around himself.

"You know...  the last time, you were in debt," he remarked and I smiled slightly before waving it off.

"I got a payoff plan made, I can do this," I assured him before looking to the bag of dried mangos in his hands, "you want those?"

"Nah... I'm good," he assured with a small smile and placed them back on the shelf.

I squinted my eyes at him, he was no doubt setting it back because he didn't think I could pay for it. Without saying a thing I reached past him and grabbed the bag, not saying a word as I went up to the cashier.

"Uhm... I'll wait outside," Sunghoon whispered as I rang the bell. I didn't even get to ask him why before he had read my mind and immediately answered, "the shop is owned by JP Enterprise. I'm just gonna wait outside."

Without another word exchanged Sunghoon rushed outside in time for the cashier to walk out and scan the three things I was going to pay for. I quickly rushed out with the products in hand after paying, Sunghoon standing quietly by the bike before he turned to look at me.

"Come on, I'm gonna teach you how to make these," I excused and held up the two cups of ramen.

"Ah Sieun I don't think-" he started and I glanced over at him.

"Are you an engaged man or no?" I questioned and within seconds he stood by my side, looking over my shoulder as I extended the dried mangos to him.

I quietly opened both the cups of ramen before boiling the water needed, patiently waiting for it to stop boiling.

"Did you mean the thing with breaking of the engagement?" Sunghoon quietly whispered as the water stopped boiling and I looked over at him with raised eyebrows, a small smile slowly spreading on my lips as I shook my head and poured the boiled water over into our ramen.

"Of course not. You think I'm that petty?" I questioned as he let out a small snort, "alright, now you gotta pay attention to what I'm doing."

I slowly showed Sunghoon how to make the ramen properly, and not like he did it. Once finished I smiled as I handed him a pair of chopsticks, before taking both of our cups and rushing over to a bench that looked out over Han River, Sunghoon right behind me as I rushed to sit down.

"And then these are supposedly better than the ones I make," Sunghoon stated as he sat down beside me.

"They better be," I hummed at him, a small smile spreading on Sunghoon's face as I turned back to the river and brushed my hair out of my face.

"Can I ask you -- what happened to your brother?" he questioned and I simply shrugged, "you don't know?"

"Haven't seen him since I moved to Boseong," I shook my head, "I admitted him to a rehabilitation program, but I never got any bills for it, so I suppose he never followed through with it," I casually explained before letting out a small gasp, "which reminds me-" I cut myself off as I abruptly put my ramen to the side and turned my body towards Sunghoon, who just stared at me with confusion written all the way across his face.

"What have you done?" Sunghoon questioned as I quickly fished out a small wooden box, with tiny carvings, from my pocket and extended it to him, "but... you already said yes to the engagement."

"No, open it," I urged and he hesitantly grabbed the box from my hands, "I realized I had missed your birthday for two years, so... from what I recall you do like lemon and vanilla tea, but... yeah... you know... my aunt has tea plantages so this is tea from her plantages. A small family gift... you know," I quietly began muttering more and more the more I began doubting the small gift.

"This smells really good," he assured as he sniffed the tea carefully before closing the  box, "thank you," he softly spoke, while I just carefully smiled at him, "but... I haven't got you anything..."

"Did I ask you for anything?" I questioned and he frowned over at me, "if I haven't, then I don't expect anything."

"But you got me this," he stated and held up the small wooden box, while I just proudly nodded.

"And you're welcome," I replied as a small snort escaped him and he looked back out over the river.

I did the same, watching as small waves moved across the water and once in a while hit the bed of the river, creating a small splash that barely could be heard over teh traffic, but it was calming in a way.

"Sieun?" Sunghoon spoke and I quietly hummed as I looked over at him, his eyes still fixated on the river, "I think I'm in love."

"You are?" I smiled slightly as he nodded and looked over at me, a small smile playing on his lips.

He opened his mouth again to say something more, but was cut off by his phonze buzzing in his pocket. Within seconds he had checked the phone and eyebrows immediately furrowed.

"I gotta go," he mumbled an excuse before just getting up and quickly walking off.

"Sunghoon wait, hold on, where are you going?" I turned around to call out for him but magically he had already hauled over a cab and gotten into it.

I quietly watched as it drove off, hesitantly glancing down at his half-eaten ramen standing on the bench beside me, along with the small wooden box I had given him. 

A small sigh escaped my lips as I grabbed the wooden box and Sunghoon's dried mangos and shoved them both into my jacket's pocket. Quietly I grabbed both our half-eaten ramens and threw them out in the nearest trashcan before just grabbing the bike and beginning to walk back to his house again.