| 26 |

I carefully picked up the discarded light blue tie, before moving over and picking up the white shirt, before the door in front of me opened.

"That's where you were," Sunghoon mumbled as I straightened up and looked at him. He looked like absolute shit. Hair sticking out, bags under his eyes, overall, he looked like a zombie someone had dragged behind a car.

"New papers have arrived for you mr. Park, they're already in your office. I'll be serving your breakfast in half an hour," I calmly informed, making a frown grow on his face.

"Are you feeling alright? Are you sick?" he questioned and reached out his hand towards my forehead, making me take a step back form him.

"I'm feeling just fine mr. Park," I hummed, "I suggest you take a shower and get ready. I'll bring anti-inflammatory medicine for you along with your breakfast."

"Okay..." he trailed off with a small frown on his face.

"Very well, I'll see you when I serve your breakfast," I stated and turned to walk down to the laundry room with the clothes I had in my arms.

I sorted out the clothes and decided to wash the dark clothes as the first thing this morning, before I moved up to the kitchen and began making breakfast for Sunghoon.

I felt distracted and had almost burned the food, I couldn't think straight. Too many things was happening at once, and I kept thinking about the one paper that laid between the ones I had delivered to Sunghoon's office earlier. I had no idea when he would read it or even if he already had. Not that the happenings of last night made it much easier for me.

Once I finished making his breakfast I grabbed the tray and began moving up to his office. I kicked the door and for once I was met by another answer than I was used to.

"You don't have to knoc- kick the door for you to come in," he called out.

I let out a small sigh and slowly leaned down and pushed the door open before walking in and placed his breakfast down beside him along with the big glass of water and the two pills I had gotten for him.

"What's this?" he questioned and I looked over at the paper he was gesturing to.

"I-" I hesitated as I looked at the paper, I sucked in a deep breath, I just had to calmly explain it, "it's my forced resignation."

"So you're moving in," he stated with a small smile and I shook my head making his face drop, "no?"

"It's a forced resignation, I'm forced to resignate," I stated and he frowned at me, "since I'm underage I have to have my guardian's signature to do this work."

"But your dad didn't mind you working for me," Sunghoon frowned at me.

"He didn't," I shook my head at him.

"But..." he trailed off as he could sense there was something more to my sentence.

"The guardianship was passed on," I excused and held the tray in front of me.

"I'll call your mom about it," he stated and I shook my head as he got out his phone, "no?"

"You can't call my mom," I stated and he arched a brow at me, "it's my brother."

"The junkie," he hummed and placed his phone on his table, "why?"

"For what reasons would the guardianship go to my brother," I let out a small snort, "I'm officially a documented orphan."

"Wait... your dad..." he trailed off.

"You got the phone call this morning, but you weren't awake," I shook my head at him, "I took it for you. I thought it was a business call."

"Miss Jung, can you come over here?" he questioned and extended his arm to his side.

I hesitated with moving my feet before eventually walking over to him without saying a word. As I reached him he immediately wrapped his arm around me and pulled me down on his lap.

"Unbutton your shirt miss Jung," he calmly stated and I blinked a few times as I turned my head to him and raised my eyebrows.

"Excuse me?" I questioned in confusion.

"The scar, I want to see the scar," he clarified, "unbutton the first few buttons. I want to see the scar."

I hesitated a bit before unbuttoning the first few buttons before opening the shirt over my right collarbone, to show the scar. Sunghoon let out a small hiss before letting his fingers trail over the scar.

"What is it from?" he questioned.

"Jihoon's first high," I calmly spoke, "he took a big dose with some friends."

"And?" Sunghoon urged me to continue and I hesitated before just closing my mouth again, staying completely silent, "miss Jung, tell me what then happened."

"No," I shook my head, making Sunghoon grab my jaw and turn my head so that I looked into his eyes.

"Sieun, I want you to tell me what then happened," he stated, "I will throw out the forced resignation, burn, cut it up, I don't care. I'll get rid of it if you don't tell me."

"I'll be illegally working for you," I pointed out to him.

"Tell me what happened," he sternly stated, "he took a big dose with his friends... then what?"

"It was a few years ago I don't remember it clearly," I shook my hed out of his grip.

"How many years?" he questioned.

"I was 16," I muttered.

"Not long enough for you to not remember, tell me," he stated and gave my waist a squeeze and I let out a small sigh and closed my eyes by the thought of telling the story.

"That time I slept in the bedroom in the apartment. It was my room," I began explaining and he simply hummed at me, "they took it out in the living room. I could hear their... I could hear their loud yells and how they kept urging each other to do this thing... uh... they then... I could hear them rummaging around in cabinets and then... they came into my room. I remember sitting on my bed, reading a book... God I never even finished that book," I muttered in realization and held my hand up to my mouth in shock.

"I don't care about the book, I care about what happened," Sunghoon coldly stated making me look over at him before shaking my head once more, "I mean it. I really truly care about it," he said, suddenly sounding and looking more sincere, "tell me. Please."

"They attacked me... his friends first and then my brother got on me. Tried to kill me. He had a kitchen knife and started the threat by cutting me on the collarbone... once he had done that he passed out," I spoke making Sunghoon hum.

"I'll contact my lawyer and get them to find a loophole for you to continue working here," Sunghoon stated and I widened my eyes at him, "I'm not letting you go back to him. He's already speaking of killing you again, and has nearly done so before. Just tell me, what did his friends do."

"No," I sternly shook my head at him, "that I am not telling you."

"Tell me."

"Let go of me mr. Park," I calmly spoke, "I have work to do and a suitcase to pack."

He tsked before letting my waist go and I abruptly stood up and walked to the door opening it before he spoke up once more.

"So that's it? You're just gonna leave?" he questioned, "just like that? Even after what I told you?"

"I'm scared okay?" I exclaimed as I turned to him, "I'm scared of staying here and I'm scared of going back. I'm just scared! Don't jump on my case when you don't know what it's like. You only know how it feels to get everything served for you on a plate of gold. Don't go and smart yourself on my life."

The door slammed behind me.