| 2.39 |

A small laugh escaped Sunghoon as I struggled my way into the room with a whole lot of boxes in my arms. Seeing as he had only gotten better since his surgery I felt more at ease with going home during the night, and eventually during the day. 

Mainly because I would spend most of my time cooking today, I did promise Sunghoon I would make sure he didn't eat hospital food for new year's.

"Don't laugh at me," I complained at the laughing boy, "the least you can do is get up and help me."

"I do not walk fast," he reminded me and I just glared towards him.

"Oh right, snail man," I hummed and somehow managed to get into the room.

He only let out a small laugh as I wandered up to his bed and he carefully helped me get rid of the boxes so that it didn't spill out over all of his bed.

"Move over," I complained and he let out a small laugh before moving over in his bed so I could sit down beside him, "now... I made both an appetizer, a main dish and a dessert."

"Did you overwork yourself?" he softly questioned and I let out a small laugh before leaning closer to him.

"The appetizer is tteokbokki," I admitted and he let out a small laugh at me, "but I know you missed your beef, so I cooked that for you as well. Prepared some rice for it as well with some cooked vegetables."

"Hmmmm," he hummed happily as he looked at the boxes, immediately snapping his head to look at me, "and the dessert?"

"Éclairs," I murmured and he smiled widely down at me, "sorry, but they're just so good and I've been craving them."

"If you've been craving them you can eat the majority of them," he nodded at me as I immediately shook my head at him and opened the box with tteokbbokki in it.

"Here," I murmured and extended him his chopsticks as well.

"Thank you," he cooed before pecking my cheek carefully.

I smiled softly as I just grabbed a pair of chopsticks for myself. We did't really say anything, we just ate in silence. I'd like to think we didn't have anything else to speak about, and in reality we probably didn't.

"This is really good," Sunghoon admitted as I handed him the box with his main dish.

"Thank you," I murmured softly as I carefully opened my box as well.

"You alright?" Sunghoon questioned as I quietly nodded, "hey, you promised to be transparent with me. What's bothernig you?" he softly questioned.

"I just want you to come home," I murmured and he smiled softly as I looked up at him, "I don't like being home alone."

"I'll be home before you know it," he softly assured and ruffled my hair.

I quietly watched as Sunghoon ate his dinner, while I tried to eat as much as I possibly could. Once I had decided I couldn't eat more I quietly got up from his bed and carefully moved over to his window, looking out in anticipation for the firework that was to come at some point.

"I brought your pajamas by the way," I pointed out and nodded towards the bag that stood at the end of his bed, "so you can switch between your sweatpants and those."

"Love," he cooed and I hummed as I looked over at him.

He had moved over to sit on the edge of his bed, his white t-shirt hanging more loosely than it had just moments ago. He smiled sheepishly as he just looked at me.

"What?" I questioned him and he just extended his arms out to each side of him.

Letting out a small laugh I wandered over and wrapped my arms around him as he carefully wrapped his arms around my neck as well, looking down at me with a smile that had tendencies of being proud.

"What is it?" I questioned him once more as he leaned his head down and pressed his forehead against mine.

"Will you be my new year's kiss?" he giddily questioned, only earning a small snort from me.

"Sunghoon... you don't have to ask me about that. Who else would you get it from?" I questioned in amusement and he casually shrugged.

"I'm sure I can get ahold of Nari quite quickly," he admitted and I immediately gasped as I squinted my eyes at him, "I'm kidding. I'd rather not honestly."

"I thought so," I hummed at him with satisfaction.

Somewhere in the distance I heard a bang and my eyes immediately widened as my lips pulled up into a wide grin of excitement. I quickly moved out of Sunghoon's grip as I rushed over to stand by the window, looking out as a bright red color spread on the sky above and a bang went off once more.

I leaned closer to the window before a restraint around my waist had pulled me slightly back. I glanced back over my shoulder as Sunghoon just sent me a small smile before looking out at the firework that continued to go off.

"You like fireworks?" he questioned and I just nodded at him, "why?"

"I know they're loud... but they're so pretty," I murmured as golden sparks flew across my eyes.

"Like you," Sunghoon commented and I had almost pulled my elbow back to elbow him, but had to remind myself that I could hit a sore spot.

"You're lucky you're still in healing," I muttered, earning a bright laugh from Sunghoon.

"Do you know what time it is?" he softly whispered and I quietly shook my head, "two more minutes."

"But we just ate dinner,"I gasped at him and he just nodded at him.

"You spent quite a long time to make food for us I suppose," he excused and I hummed quietly as he turned me around in my grip, "now if you don't mind. I'll kiss you so I can get my new year's kiss," he excused with a cute smile.

"Since when did you become such a softie mr. Park?" I teased and flickered a stray hair out of his forehead.

"Hmm... when I got you," he excused before letting out a small embarrassed laugh.

"My éclairs," I whispered as he head leaned in slightly.

"We'll eat them afterwards," he murmured, "they're not disappearing after a kiss... and let's get married when we get out of here," he stated and I quietly nodded at him, "I want you as mine forever."

I smiled softly as he leaned the rest of the way down, carefully placing lips on top of mine. Had we been in a Kdrama I'm sure a forework was going off right outside the window behind me.