| 15 |

I stepped out of my bathroom in my pajamas. I had learnt to get dressed out there after I had taken a shower. Ever since the small incident some time ago. I think it was lucky that I did. 

The moment I opened the door from my bathroom I stopped in my tracks with my hair between my hands in the towel, as I had tried to dry it.

"I never liked these windows," Sunghoon stated as he sat with his back turned to me and stared out into the darkness through the windows in my room, "it always feels like someone is lurking through the woods and straight into the room.

I could see him looking at me through his reflection in the dark window. I looked back before my eyes fell on a reflection of a bottle he was holding between his knees. He had denied wine all evening, just to decide to finish the rest for himself.

I sighed before letting my hair out of the towel grip, before walking over and prying his hands of the bottle and placing it on my nightstand.

"I wasn't done with that," he spoke as he looked up at me.

"My job is to take of you mr. Park. You shouldn't be drinking wine right now. I'll go down and make your warm milk in a moment," I assured him.

"You got the rest of the evening off," he spoke, "you took a bath."

"I needed it," I hummed at him before walking back over to my desk and letting my damp towel dry over the back of my office chair.

"I'm sorry if I scared you," he stated, looking back out the windows.

Did he... just apologize? He not only apologized to me, but he apologized for nothing.

"You didn't scare me," I shook my head and grabbed my glasses from the desk and placed them on my nose, "mr. Kwon did."

"I cut the contract with him," he sighed and ran a hand over his face.

"I thought... you said you needed their resources," I commented and he just nodded.

"We do," he nodded, "but I won't work with one who don't show respect... or have good taste. Of all girls he could touch, why does he pick the ugliest one in existence? Is it just because she works for me?"

"Perhaps it is," I shrugged and he abruptly turned around and looked at me.

"Will you snap back at me for once?" he questioned making me frown at him, "I just insulted you, and you just agreed with me? Where is that remark you're holding in?"

"I... don't have one," I calmly replied with confusion.

"Come on, insult me. Call me insensitive, cruel, vile, whatever!" he exclaimed at me as he stood up and turned his whole body to face me.

"Why should I insult you?" I frowned at him.

"Because I need for you to dislike me in order to forget what I'm feeling!" he exclaimed before quickly covering his mouth in realization.

"What... are you feeling?" I hesitantly questioned him.

"I... I-I," he stuttered out before digging his hand into the pocket of his pants, "heh... would you look at that a phone call. I better take this," he excused and quickly took the phone call he was recieving.

I let out a sigh before walking over and grabbing the bottle of wine before walking out and pouring the leftovers out in the sink.

"Miss Jung?" Sunghoon's voice had turned stern as I turned to him, "it's for you."

I frowned before walking over and grabbing his phone, that he had extended towards me.

"Hello?" I questioned, "it's Jung Sieun."

My eyes slowly widened at what I was being told. I quickly pulled my suitcase out from under the bed and began throwing my things into it.

"Okay, thank you. Bye, have a nice evening," I quickly spoke before finishing the call and straightening up once more and looking to Sunghoon, who had shoved his hands into his pockets, "mr. Park. I need to ask you for a leave."

"How long?" he questioned calmly, his face having turned cold within seconds.

"A week," I stated and for a moment his eyes widened before he retained himself once more.

"You can leave," he nodded, "on a few conditions."

"Which is?" I spoke.

"You will return after the one week is over. You'll give me your address, so that I can come get you if it is urgent. And you will give me the key to the alcohol cabinet," he stated and extended his hand towards me.

"I'm not giving you that key," I shook my head at him.

"Then I'm not letting you leave," he stated and retracted his hand again making me sigh at him.

"You can't help everyone Sieun," I muttered to myself and reached over behind my neck and undid my necklace, "some insensitive and ungrateful people just can't be changed, and you can't do nothing about it," I reminded myself calmly before gathering the ends of the necklace together and extended it to him, the key dangling from it, "take it."

"Enjoy your holiday," Sunghoon spoke before turning on his heel and walking out of my room.

"Holiday my ass," I muttered and continued packing my bag.