| 20 |

I sighed and grabbed the bobbypin between my teeth, and pinched it into the side of my skirt, so that it didn't slide down.

"So much to pay bills," I muttered to myself and pulled my hair up in a ponytail as I exited my room and walked down to the kitchen to begin making breakfast for Sunghoon.

It was already Saturday, which meant a week until I had to go to some boring big business launch event of some sort. Did I care what it was? No, absolutely not. Was I still going? Sadly, I was.

I carefully prepared the tray as I usually did, blinking a few times to focus on it properly. As I finished arranging it I felt my head spin and immediately crouched down and leaned my head on the kitchen counter. I was so tired and hungry

"Miss Jung, my breakfast is late," the cold voiced echoed over the monitors in the house.

I sighed before pulling myself up and grabbed the tray in my hands. I carefully began moving up the stairs again, feeling a small cramp start in my calf as I reached the top of the stairs before turning to my right, down towards the office.

I kicked the door three times and got my usual cold reply. I took a deep breath and straightened my back before opening the door. As per usual, Sunghoon sat bowed over his papers doing some work. It was quite worrying how much work he did on a daily basis, even in his weekends.

"You're late miss Jung," he calmly spoke, not looking up from his papers.

"I'm sorry," I quietly spoke and placed his breakfast down on the table along with his glass of water. I knew he hated that morning glass of water, but he'd rather have that than juice. Mostly he had asked for a cup of soju for breakfast, "enjoy your breakfast, mr. Park."

I turned back around once again to leave the room before he cleared his throat, making me stop in my tracks.

"Remember our small deal miss Jung? You accompany me at my meals," he stated and I hesitantly nodded and closed my eyes before turning around. Preventing me from getting dizzy, "the hospital called me this morning. They've moved your dad to an elderly home."

"That's just... great," I hummed at him before slowly opening my eyes, he looked down at his food.

"I'm afraid it's a bit more expensive than a hospital," he pointed out, "but from what I've calculated you would only have to work here fro another two months with the salary I've given you, before you can pay it off for him."

"Thank you mr. Park," I hummed before slowly walking over towards the chair across from him.

"You look pale miss Jung," he commented and I simply waved it off.

"I woke up too late for breakfast this morning. It's nothing else," I waved it off.

"Let me ask you miss Jung," he stated and placed his chopsticks down and folded his hands under his chin, "what's the last meal you remember eating?"

"The last meal?" I questioned and he nodded at me, "Oh well..." I frowned as I tried to recall anything, "I remember lunch at my dad's."

"That was Wednesday," he stated.

"It was?" I frowned and looked off to the corner of the room, "are you sure? I could've sworn it was yesterday."

"Miss Jung, today is Saturday," he stated and I looked to him, small dots forming at my eyes, "I picked you up Wednesday."

"Are you sure, sir?" I questioned him and he just nodded.

"I recall it clearly miss Jung," he stated with a nod, "now, if you'll ta-" he stopped in his sentence when I had lifted the tray up to cover my face. I leaned it against my forehead and let out a deep breath, "miss Jung are you there?"

"Yeah... I'm just... I just need to... just a moment," I assured and held up my hand for him to wait, "give me just a- a-" 

I felt my knees buckle under me as the tray dropped from my hands. I desperately reached my arm out to grab onto the edge of his desk, making the fall less impactful once I hit the floor.

I heard his chair get pushed back against the wall, as my body hit the floor and my head soon followed. I could only watch as the office rolled out of my sight and it just went black and silent.