The fire and the Soldiers

Anna's POV

As a horn blared throughout the forest we all began to back up. Without thinking I picked up the sword made of ice despite not knowing how to use it.

Y/N pulled out a dagger while Zephyr and gale circled us protectively. The sound got louder and I slashed at some bushes in front of us.

A large group of Northuldra people with spears cornered us. "Lower your weapon" a female Northuldran said. Behind us we heard a clang "and you lower yours" a voice said.

That's when I realized the voice belonged to Arendellian soldiers. The situation only seemed to escalate from there as and argument between the soldier and the Northuldran leader began.

As I got a closer look I realized I had seen the soldier before. " why does that soldier look so familiar?" I asked lowering my sword.

Before I had a chance to think about it the two groups began to charge each other. All of a sudden Elsa used her powers to make the ground icy. The ice made both groups slip temporarily stopping their fight.

"That was magic...Did you see that" The soldier said sitting up. "Of course I saw that" the leader of the Northuldra said. I leaned into Elsa and spoke "you chose a nice cold greeting" I said and Y/N nodded. "They have been trapped in here this whole time." Kristof stated. "What now?" asked Y/N.

Taking control Olaf walked forward and said "I got this."

This will be interesting.

(Time skip brought to you by Olaf's storytelling ❄️⛄️)

F/N POV

Olafs retelling of our story was spectacular to say the least but the ending was a tad rushed. Upon the story's finish Elsa brought her ice magic back to her and melted the ground.

"Are you really Queen of Arendelle?" The soldier asked walking up to us. "I am" Elsa answered and I took her hand in mine. "Why would nature reward a person of Arendelle with magic" The leader of the Northuldra asked "especially two." At that Elsa squeezed my hand in defense.

"Maybe it was to make up for the actions of your people" The soldier said. Sparking another argument between the two. I watched curiously as Anna walked up to the soldier skeptically. As if she was trying to figure out who he was.

"That's it!" she said "your lieutenant Matias! Library, second portrait on the left. You were our father's official guard." Not knowing who that was I looked at Kristof and we both shrugged.

Despite not knowing who he was I felt bad for him when he found out about the old kings death. " I see him in your faces" Matias said softly he then commanded his soldiers to follow the orders of the two sisters.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the Northuldran's begin to raise their weapons and I stood in front of Elsa protectively. When she squeezed my hand again gently i could tell Ashe wanted me to relax.

Elsa was trying to build a bond with a Northuldra people but they only trusted nature. All of a sudden I had a vision of fire and when I came back a tree was set ablaze. "Fire spirit" I whispered to myself, great now my visions timing was off. If only it came a tad faster.

Everyone began evacuating to the river I wanted to follow but I saw Elsa fighting the flames with her ice. I couldn't let her do this alone so I had Zephyr and Gale help.

The smoke and the flames pushed me back into an unknown area. Gale and Zephyr tried to fly me away but the tree tops were on fire too. We were practically surrounded when a vision hit me...

...

"M/..."

...

"M.../"

...

I heard the sound of a girl sobbing first, then I saw her, just like that woman before she was almost identical to me. She had her face in her hands.

She was sat on a hill under a tree and the wind raged around her.

"Storm" I said but didn't remember opening my mouth.

...

"No...Zephyr?" It was a question, one falling to deaf ears.

The males voice came back, ".../N" it called.

"Who's name are you calling?"

"I can't hear you..."

So many questions and no answers.

I coughed suddenly and for once it felt real.

I coughed again...

Again...

Gasping....

This was not good this was real and that meant...

The girl looked up her eyes were the same color as mine but the edges were stormy and silver.

...

"Mom?"

...

(A/N another vision, another cliffhanger, I hope you enjoyed don't worry you'll find out what happened soon enough. Expect an update over the weekend and maybe on Friday. Love y'all bye! 😘)