Book 2 chapter 81

Start from the beginning

I do my presentation in French.

I switched French classes after everything that happened with Alessia.

I just can't stand being in that classroom anymore nor can I look at that stupid bitch-ass teacher.

So my dad helped me in changing classes and now I'm here with Roman.

I continue with my presentation but when the stress starts to get too much I forget what I have to say.

I take a deep breath as I try to remember what I'm supposed to say.

God why couldn't we bring a paper to the front so I could actually remember my shit.

I look at Roman with panic clear in my eyes.

He mouths the next words to me and I quickly pick everything back up.

I continue explaining everything and when I'm finally done the class claps for me but I can't breathe.

I walk back to my seat as the teacher starts giving me feedback about everything but I don't listen

The only thing I hear is that continues ringing in my ears as my heartbeat only goes faster and faster.

When I'm back at my seat Roman immediately notices my tensed body which is on the brink of a panic attack.

I sit down and Roman pulls me into his arms.

"Shhh, it's okay. Breathe, you did good okay. You didn't make any mistakes you did amazing my love" he tells me while again massaging my tense muscles.

I breathe heavily and start to feel more and more uncomfortable with all these eyes on me.

Roman notices and lifts his hand while helping me stand up, "sir, we have to go home because of a family emergency" he says.

He doesn't let the teacher answer and just pulls me out with him and takes my backpack too.

With his arm around me, we walk out of the room.

We go to walk outside and go sit by a tree.

Roman helps me sit down on the ground where he leans against the tree and pulls me to sit on his lap.

He brings my head in his chest, "breathe my love, try to match your heart rate with mine" he tells me.

Hearing his heart rate makes me calm down especially when he rubs my back softly.

"Roman" I whimper pained as my heart doesn't stop raising like this.

"I know, it's okay. Breathe in and out, together. In...and out. In...and out. Well done, good, like that." He says softly.

I climb up a little higher and snuggle my head in the crook of his neck.

Roman reaches next to him and starts doing something and eventually he hands me an anxiety pill.

I quickly take it as Roman and I still lay in each other's hold.

We stay here for around half an hour until I fully calm down and relax.