Book 2 chapter 19

So why do I not move out when I know damm well that this apartment is killing me mentally?

Because honestly I'm too fearful of what would happen if I do move out, because what if the same happen when it's just the same in the next apartment?

———-

Valentina's POV.

Roman and I drive back to my house on our motorcycles.

When we arrive we park the bikes as normal before we make our way inside the house.

We walk to the kitchen where I tell Roman to sit down while I make him some food.

I make some pasta before I serve it to him on a plate.

"Eat something" I tell him while also grabbing a plate for myself and taking some pasta before I sit down next to him.

It's like I can feel his sadness radiate off of him.

I take his hand in mine, hoping to give him some type of comfort.

He starts eating, me doing the same.

When we both finish our food, I put our plates in the dishwasher before we start on our homework.

We both stay silent but the presence of the other gives some type of comfort.

After around an hour we're both done so after putting our stuff away I tell him to maybe change in some more comfortable clothes.

He agrees with what I suggest so we make our way upstairs.

He changes in the bedroom while I change in the bathroom.

I grab some black Nike leggings and a oversized light brown hoodie and fuzzy socks.

When I step out of my closet, Roman has changed too.

He is wearing some grey sweatpants with a black hoodie.

I walk to him and bring him in a hug, immediately I feel him relax his shoulders while I hold him.

"You'll be okay" I mutter against him.

He doesn't say anything, we just walk back downstairs and cuddle in next to each other on the couch.

I stroke his back while we put Netflix on the tv, I put a random movie on, which we start watching and slowly Roman falls back to sleep.

I continue to watch the movie while I hold Roman close to me.

A few minutes later some of my brothers walk inside the living room and snatch the remote out of my hands.

I look at them with a murderous expression, "give it back" I demand.

Xander looks like he is considering it until he shakes his head no, "yeah no" he says.

"Please" I beg while making puppy eyes, I don't want to wake Roman up by fighting with them.

His eyes soften before he nods his head, "fine" he says annoyed.