Chapter 27: "Girl problems too?"

Start from the beginning

After taking a quick shower and changing into the outfit that Mr. Mazarra, I have to force my body to walk down the stairs and head to the main foyer where my driver is waiting.

Weirdly enough, I'm still tired after getting 7 hours of sleep and taking a shower but I'm E.J Caswell after all so I have no choice but to go to this Teen Award promo thing.

"I know the protocol, let's get this over with," I glance over at my driver as we my security guard guides me to the familiar black  while I take a moment to put my Ray Bans before hopping in the car.

I just hope the paparazzi are leaving Gina alone now. It's been a month or two since the incident and she's just a normal teenager.

"It's just a few video recordings to promote the Teen Awards and a photo shoot then you are free for the rest of the day and I booked you a studio session so you can get some writing in before tour starts up again," I see Antoine wink at me while we sit in the back of the car.

Thank goodness, my parents don't legally have to come everywhere with me now that i'm 18 but security do because I'm a superstar.

Ugh that word.

Superstar.

"Ok," I mumble back to him  quietly while playing with my fingers.

When we arrive at the studio where the photo shoot and recording is taking place, I notice that there are a lot of security here and no fans.

The location must be top secret for Teen Awards press.

"Hey long time no see or hear from, we have a lot to catch up on," I walk into a green room by myself and look over and see Nini sitting on a couch in her a sparkly t-shirt already

Antoine probably  left to do assistant stuff.

"Wait, so you're not mad at me?" I look around the room to make sure no one else is here or is going to enter the room.

"Umm no why would I be? Oh, you mean because of that fan incident you had a while ago? Nah, I'm not mad about that more surprised," I listen to Nini while I still look around for anyone that might hear us.

"Is this room private?" I sit down in my chair across from her.

"Uh yeah, they are still setting up from the press and photo shoot stuff and my stylist already came. I just assumed you were getting ready in another room or something. Why do you think I'm mad at you?" I look over at my now, ex-girlfriend and notice that she's wearing a bright purple dress and high heels.

"I blocked your number and didn't reply to any of your texts.....," I hesitantly reply to her and try my best not to look her in the eye.

"Yeah but I found someone else and my management changed since I'm 18 now," I finally glance at her and watch her smile at me.

Oh. Well I guess that's good news for her and me?

"Um congrats," I force myself to give her a fake smile, even though I never really liked her more than a friend when we were dating.

"Yeah. my boyfriend's name is Alex Aiono, we met on the movie set, he's kind of your replacement sorry about that. It seems kinda rude to talk about the movie since you kinda quit," I listen to her talk about her new love life.

"No, it's fine really. I didn't want to do the movie at all. It was kind of a thing my parents were forcing me to do," I frown at her remembering those times.

"So, what about you? Any love interests?? I know you're taking a break from touring and all that. I get it homesickness is real and touring seems tough when you're alone. What about that fan incident? Was she someone you met on tour?" I watch as Nini scoots her chair over to me and talks softly to me, not in an intimate way but just because we're famous and there people in another room.