Chapter 23: "She's not here,"

A/N: sorry for the time skip again

E.J's POV:

A week or so passes and it's finally my birthday. I don't have any interviews today or Teen Awards press or recordings. I might have a few interviews at the bowling alley asking about my birthday but that's it.

My mom said the mystery girl stuff isn't trending on twitter anymore but the photo of me handing the Polaroid photo Gina took at the beach is still going viral.

I guess that is a good thing but I still think about Gina everyday and I wonder how she's doing.

"Smile for once, E.J," I see my mom take her phone out and see the camera flash.

"Don't post that mom," I glare at her.

"Look, you don't look happy and it's your 18th birthday today. We're about to leave for the party. Smile for once," I see her typing on her phone.

She's probably going to post it and just like that I open up my Instagram account and see that she posted it.

"Mom! It's about time I post my own stuff on my own account," I turn away and go back upstairs to my room to get my sunglasses for the flashing camera lights

"Don't forget to wear sneakers! We're going to a bowling alley," I hear my mom call as I walk up to my room.

I can wear what I want to now that I'm 18. Mr. Mazarra said I could wear this shirt and jeans to my birthday since I didn't like any of the outfits he choose.

I thanked him for that.

Today's my day and I'm not letting my parent managers ruin it.

Once I grab my sunglasses I follow my security guards to a black car and sit in the backseat.

"Once we get there, you have a meet and greet with the fans who won tickets from the contest then you have a few interviews and you need to get hair and makeup done before your surprise performance ," I hear Antoine read off his clipboard from the front of the seat.

I thought he was nice to me a few days ago?

"I'm 18, can't I have fun and bowl this time?," I lean back in my seat and groan.

"After your meet and greet, interviews and performance," I hear Antoine say from the front.

"Whatever," I roll my eyes under my sunglasses and look at my mom who is on her phone again.

When we arrive at the bowling alley, there are tons of paparazzi, a red carpet, my name on a backdrop in big blue letters and screaming fans lined up down the block.

This is insane and not what I asked for.

I get shoved into a room for the meet and greet. And get handed a stack of photos to sign. This is not how I wanted to spend my 18th birthday party.