Chapter 18: "Gi, what happened?"

TW: fainting, mention of not eating (sorry its a spoiler but it really does happens with diabetics who don't eat)

Gina's POV:

In the last few hours, I went up to my bedroom and changed into pajamas, cried in the shower about a stupid celebrity that I met, turned my phone off, and turned my CGM off.

I haven't eaten all day or talked to anyone. My dad still hasn't come home yet and my mom probably doesn't know what's going on because she has no social media.

After a while of sitting in my bed and hugging my teddy bear, I go over to the window to open it for fresh air and see that there are dozens of cars outside and men with cameras and woman holding microphones in front of my door.

What is going on? How long have I been off of my phone and in my bedroom?

I immediately take my phone off of my nightstand and turn it on. Good thing my parents aren't home yet. This is insane.

There are over a hundred texts from Ashlyn, Kourtney, Carlos, Seb, and Big Red. I notice that there are only three texts from Big Red so I read them first.

Big Red (boss): Where are you? There are pizzas that need to be delivered.

Big Red (boss): Hey Gina, I hope you feel better soon. Ashlyn just came in and told me that you have a 24 hour virus.

Big Red (boss): Slices is packed with people asking for you. What is going on? We only have on other delivery person and we NEED you NOW

Well shoot. I forgot that I had work today. I look at the time and see that it's 3:00 pm. School probably let out already.

Then I look at the first 5 texts from Ashlyn and Kourtney since they are my best friends.

Ash Moon: Where are you? The first period bell rang and you're usually the first one here. Are you still sick?

Ash Moon: Why are you trending on twitter? Carlos just showed me an article and a few hundred tweets.

Ash Moon: I'm coming over after school.

Kourtney (Designer): Girl, you missed Miss Jenn's talk about her experience at NYFW where were you today?

Kourtney (Designer): Hold up you met E.J Caswell?! Ash and I are coming over ASAP.

"Gi, what happened?" I turn my head and see my two best friends walk in the room with their backpacks on their shoulders while carrying a box of chocolates.

"How did you get here? There are a ton of people with cameras at my front door," I put my phone down and turn to them.

"I walked in through the back door of the patio. Found the key under your flower pot," I look at Kourtney who shrugs who shoulders like its no big deal.

"Kourt, you can't just come to my house through the back door unannounced," I look at her sternly.

"Yeah I can if my best friend isn't answering her phone and is faking sick because she met E.J Caswell," I see Kourtney sit on my desk chair and put her backpack down.

"Yeah and why are there all these camera men at your front door? They give me anxiety and aren't even here for me," I see Ashlyn sit on my bed.

"I don't know," I respond honestly.

"What happened this weekend Gi?" I watch as Kourtney takes out her phone to text someone.

"Nothing. Who are you texting?" I look over to see who she is texting.