Chapter 16: "She wanted a photo,"

Gina's POV:

"Good morning, sleepy head, your hair looks like Troy Bolton's from the first High School Musical movie," I sit up from bed and look down at E.J on his makeshift bed.

"It does not, it's just a mess. So what are we doing today?" I look down at E.J.

"I'm going to school then I'm going to work. I don't know what you are going to do but you cannot sit in my room all day," I get out of bed and get ready for school.

"Ok, so about that, I don't know my mom's phone number and she's my manager," I look over to E.J as he stretches his arms.

"Well you can't come to school with me," I look down at him on the floor.

"Well then skip school. It's just one day," I see E.J shrug his shoulders and put his hat on.

"What? No! I've never missed a single day of school before. I can't skip school. I have to work on my portfolio and I have to go to work," I grab one of my work shirts from my closet and a pair of jeans.

"Come on you're such a good student don't you want to have fun once? Besides you only get to skip  a day of high school once in your life." I listen to him on the floor.

"That's not true. There's senior skip day," I stick my tongue at him playfully.

"I don't know what that is but you're no fun," I look down and see E.J making puppy eyes at me and a pout face.

"Why are your puppy eyes so convincing?" I sigh and head to the bathroom to change.

"So that's a yes?" I look over to see him stand up.

"That's a "I don't think this is a good idea but I have no choice because I have to deal with E.J Caswell," I quickly close the door on him.

"Yes! So where can we go where paparazzi won't find me?" I open the bathroom door and see E.J in his other hoodie and hat again.

"We could go to this private beach I found a while ago. It's cold today and it's a school day. No one is going to be there. It's the middle of February. Let me just change into something warmer and grab a jacket. You can wear my senior hoodie you were wearing the other night since you don't have a jacket," I grab my winter jacket from my closet and my purse.

"Ok, let's go," I hear E.J say excitedly.

"First, I have to make sure my parents aren't here," I leave him in my room and go out to check to see if anyone else is home.

I step out to the hall where my parents room is and it looks empty then I go down to the kitchen where they usually make calls but it seems like no one is home. Lastly, I check the driveway and see that both of their cars are gone. It looks like my dad is still at his brother's place and my mom is back to work.

"Ok, no one else is home. You need to put your disguise on though. We can't risk getting you seen," I come back upstairs and see that E.J already has his sunglasses, hat, hoodie, and a bandanna covering his face.

"You know you don't have to do this out of pity," I hear E.J say as we walk down the stairs.

"I'm not doing it out of pity. I'm doing it because you are good company and you're right maybe I should have some fun once in a while instead of focusing on school all the time," I look at him and smile at him before we get in my car that is still parked in the garage.

"See I was right," I see E.J wink at me but instead I just gently put my hand on his head and make him duck in the backseat.

"This is so uncomfortable," I hear him groan as I start the car to warm us up from the cold.