Chapter 3: "... She always hated this day."

Start from the beginning

"I'm done eating. George, Layla, would you care to join us for wine tasting? We just bought Château Lafite Rothschild wine," Mr. Wright said as he patted his mouth with a cloth. The maids were getting their dirty plates. Mr. Wright stood up and led the Clifford for a wine tasting, leaving Milton and Joy alone.

"What's special about this memory?" I asked Kinsley.

"Well, this is the day when she finally meets her fiancee. She always hated this day," Kinsley said, and we approached closer to the couple. It reminded me of what Joy thought of how I reminded her of sophomore year.

"Jocelyn?" Milton called for Joy, and she turned her attention from her phone.

"You can call me Joy," she added.

"Right, Joy. What do you think of high school?" he asked? Why is he even asking that?

"It's, torturing," Joy replied and rolling her eyes.

Milton laughed, "I remember what my high school days were like. It was also torturing."

"Where was your high school?" Joy asked.

"Calstock Owls High School. It's somewhere in Washington, D.C," Milton answered.

"Great, a private school," Joy thought. She nods in response.

"If I may ask, why didn't you go to a private school?" Milton ask.

Joy cleared her throat before answering, "I never liked private school."

"What makes you hate private school?"

Joy shrugged, "I don't know. I just thought public school is more interesting. The students are much more enjoyable."

Milton tilts his head, "but have you ever looked at any private school? Private schools are much better than those low ends schools. I can guarantee you," I can see Milton's hand reaching for Joy, but she pulled her hand.

"How would you even remember about your high school if you're already a college student?" Joy asks in a sassy tone.

"I just passed my first semester. I still remember some things about my high school," Milton answered. When Milton scooted his seat closer to Joy, his mother called for him.

"Milton, can you come here and taste this wine?" Mrs. Clifford appeared with her wine glass.

"Yes, mother," Milton replied, "let's talk later," he said to Joy and winked. After that, he left Joy alone and joined with the other.

Joy took a sharp breath and lay her head on the table, "Dear God. How long can I keep my life a secret from everyone?" Joy said to herself. She must be tormented because she can't tell anyone about her situation. I can sense the unhappiness inside her. I felt like I wanted to hug her and tell her that I understood her feelings.

"Can I touch her?" I asked, but I realized it sounded weird, "I mean, I want to hug her and not touch her anywhere."

"If you try to touch her, your hand will go through her body," Kinsley said as she punched her head, but it went through, "remember, she's 16 here."

"I'm not a child molester! I'm still a minor, too," I said as a matter of fact.

~~~

I finally woke up from Joy's memories. I opened my eyes to see an unfamiliar room with Lydia sleeping on top of me... Naked? Not to mention I'm also naked. What the hell happened?

I tried to remember what had happened today. Alright, let's do a recap.

First, after I talked with Jessie, I waited for Lydia until she finished her training. Second, Lydia and I went to another argument. Third, I snuck out from my house to go to a party from my class, and I met Lydia here. And fourth... I don't remember much. I looked over my shoulders to check what time is I, and it's midnight.