Chapter 49: The Future?

As my eyes flutter open I begin to see a sleeping Lizzie laying in my arms with her head snuggled into my neck. Her breathing is soft and calm but it is starting to tickle my neck a little. As my body wakes up more, I can feel that my arm is asleep under Lizzie and honestly, it hurts a little.

I look down at her beautiful face laying still and I lay there accepting my fate. I can't move because I will wake her and I definitely don't want to do that. Besides, she looks cute sleeping here and I'll take all the cuddle time I can get.

A while later she starts to stir awake so I kiss her forehead a few times because I know she loves that while she wakes up. After doing a little stretch, she lifts her head and our eyes connect. She smiles and automatically I smile back. A smile is the simplest thing in the world but can somehow make your heart melt in an instant, from the right person of course.

"Good morning gorgeous. How was your sleep?" I ask after planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"Amazing actually. I had a dream that we got engaged on a beach and then went on a vacation together," she explains and my eyes widen. Engaged? I mean, I have thought about it a lot even though we have only been dating for six months. But still, I can't imagine marrying someone else.

"Oh really? Who asked who?"

"You asked me. It was cute actually," she responds and I smile.

"I can't wait to marry you one day. Honestly I would right now if I could," I tell her and she starts grinning ear to ear.

"I like the sound of that! Let's do it!" She says excitedly.

"Patients my love, all in good time." I say and kiss her again before wrapping my body around hers to hold her tight.

"Y/n?" Lizzie says.

"Yeah Liz?"

"Promise me you will never let me go."

"I promise I will never let you go Lizzie Olsen. You are the love of my life and are stuck with me forever. Lucky you!" I tell her and she giggles.

"I am lucky to have you," She says pulling herself closer into my body.
~~~

As we're driving in the car, we pull into the parking lot across the street from the coffee shop. We decided to take a trip back here for lunch since we haven't been here in a while.

I get out of the car and walk around the other side to open the door for Lizzie who is waiting patiently. As she gets out, she grabs my hand for support as she jumps down from the step on my truck. We walk hand in through the glass door all the way to the front counter.

"Hey y/n! How are you?! I haven't seen you in ages!" The worker behind the counter says.

"I know! It's been too long. Things are good, I'm good. How are things here!" I ask back and he shrugs his shoulders letting out a sigh.

"Honestly, there not great. Barely anyone comes here anymore which means we aren't making any money. I'm pretty sure we are going to have to shut down in the next month or two. It sucks but what can ya do."

"That's awful. Who wouldn't want to come here?! It's one of my favourite places," I tell him and he nods accepting the compliment.

"Thanks. I wish everyone thought that way... anyway! What can I get you both?" He asks.

"The usual for me please. Lizzie?"

"I'll have the same as well," she requests and he nods before turning around to make our order.

Whilst we wait, I wrap my arms around Lizzie as her back is facing me allowing her to lean back and rest. I lean against the wall for support as we wait to be called up to the front. I can smell Lizzie's shampoo and I can't quite pin what it smells like, but I can assure you that it smells amazing.