Chapter 3: My House

Lizzie and I continue our conversation and just as I was about to talk, four men come barging in with cameras flashing and people running in after them. The noise gets extremely loud as people crowd me and Lizzie. Thinking quickly I grab her hand and hold her at my side pushing people away like a shield. I help her get out the door and then grab her hand and tell her to run. Everyone still chasing us, I pull her into my car and start driving down the street not saying a word, as I'm concentrating on driving.

I look behind me and see the paparazzi getting in their cars to chase us down. I continue driving hoping they don't catch up to us.

"Where are we going?" She asks.

"I'm not sure at the moment. I just want to get you away from these crazy people." I say and laugh a little bit, breaking the tension.

She laughs too and then says, "you made yourself a bodyguard back there grabbing me at your side. It was effective though." She laughs.

"I hate when celebrities get bombarded like that. There's no reason for it. Abs I know that you have social anxiety so I wanted to make sure you didn't get hurt or freak out too." I say, really meaning the words I am telling her.

"How did you know that?" She asks.

"Well, I may have done some research on you when I first started watching the Marvel movies," I say quietly.

Before she can reply I see the four cars come charging up behind us one pulling next to us. They aren't going to go away. I think quickly about where I can take her so she can relax and not worry about them.

"Hang on!" I say loudly and make a sharp turn right into the wheat field after passing by a big tree. The paparazzi weren't able to see where I went because their view was blocked. Now I'm driving through a wheat field not knowing what to do next or where to go. I spot my house about two kilometres away and head straight for it.

"You are crazy." She says.

"I would like to call it spontaneous. But sure, crazy works too." I laugh and she does too. We make eye contact and I can't help but smile.

"You owe me a coffee and a croissant by the way," I state to her.

"And you owe me a pair of sunglasses and a new hat." She says back at me.

I keep on driving and as we get close she asks me again where I'm going.

"I'm taking you to my farm. The paparazzi won't be able to find you there, so you can find a way to get back to where you're supposed to be without having to worry about people all over you." I say.

"Oh really?! I actually was thinking about your farm yesterday when you were telling me about it. Would you be able to show me around?" She asks me sounding eager.

"Of course I can! But don't you have somewhere you need to be? Filming and all." I question.

"Actually no, I don't. I have the whole day off which is nice!"

"Oh, that's great! Well, we're here. This is my house, and the rest of it is my farm."

We step out of my truck and I walk her to the front of my house.

"Wow. This is very close to what my dream house looks like." Lizzie says, observing her surroundings.

"Really? I thought it would be something modern and classy," I say.

"Nope. I like the idea of farm life and the whole aesthetic of it. I know it's a lot of work but it would be really fun and rewarding at the same time."

"Well, it is all of those things. Mostly fun though. The animals are great and always give me a good laugh. The goats are crazy and love people too."