𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, the great escape

LOST CAUSE.
[ chapter eight ]

[ chapter eight ]

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

EVELYN ENDURED ANOTHER BEATING from Janson straight after his personal talk with Ava Paige. It was more or less the same, giving her a black eye, busted lip and multiple scratches scaring her already bloody face. Surprisingly, she stayed awake for the whole thing, shouting and screaming at him, her voice now becoming rough and dry.

She managed to produce enough strength to headbutt the older man again, sending him back a few steps and that angered him enough to make him leave her alone again, sobbing while salty tears stung her cuts.

Across the building, Thomas crawls so fast
through the vents that his elbows and knees start to feel like their breaking. Aris was rushing quickly behind and every now and again would need to remind the Glader of the correct directions.

Thomas' head is flooded with thoughts and their almost so loud that he doesn't even realise when they finally reach the Glader's room again, his head smashing into the vent, causing it to fly off and across the floor with a loud clatter, waking everyone in the room. He grunts in pain but immediately jumps up, his friends watching his rapid movements in confusion.

"We gotta go." He rushes to the door, pushing past everyone, "We gotta go right now! They're coming!" He roughly pulls a end sheet off a mattress, using it as a knot to keep the door locked, "Come on. We gotta go."

"What happened?" Fry questions, whirling on his heel to face the new boy, "Aris, what happened?" He doesn't get a reply, just a void emotionless look.

"Thomas, can you just calm down and talk to us!" Newt yells.

"She's still alive." Thomas pants, wrapping the bed sheet tightly, every now and again losing his grip due to how fast his movements are.

"Who's she? Teresa? Evel—"

"Ava." He states, "Ava."

"Ava?" Newt's eyebrows furrow and his neck sticks out in shock at the boy's words, "Will you just turn around and talk to us?"

"It's WCKD!" Thomas yells loudly, causing each not to step back in shock at the volume of his voice, "It's still WCKD." Roughly, he drags a mattress off the bed frame, shoving it against the door, "It's always been WCKD. They've got Evelyn and— and Teresa."

"Thomas." Newt places his plan next to the struggling boy, "What did you see?"

The dark haired boy spends a minute trying to explain it all, his words merged together and completely meaningless to the larger group. Eventually, his gives up to make sense and leads everyone through the vents, shouting words of encouragement to keep them going until they reach a hallway, standing up immediately, his head whipping around in different directions.

𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄, thomas ²जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें