𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆, revealed

𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄.
[ chapter three ]

⚠︎ violence/torture ⚠︎

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

EVELYN'S SHOVED ROUGHLY INTO AN EMPTY DARKROOM, the only light coming from a small flicking disc on the ceiling, its bulb very close to blowing out. Her eyebrows become furrowed when Janson steps out of the shadows, one hand on her shoulder pushing her down onto a metal chair - the only furniture in the room.

Janson clicks his finger and the guard from earlier moves around Evelyn, aggressively grabbing both her wrists and tying them behind her back and through the loops of the chair. At this, Eve's hackles stick up and she struggles against the restraints, realising that she's not in there for a nice, fun time.

"What the fuck are you doing?" She snaps, glaring at Janson as he paces the room, slipping his right leather jacket off and onto the floor beside the door.

"Getting what I want." He replies, now rolling his sleeves up.

"And that is what? A blow job? Because, if so, you can not have one." She rests back in the chair, trying to play it cool and fumbling over her words, "They—" She doesn't see the hard punch coming, but it happens, right on the gut and she grits her teeth to stop herself from shouting out in pain, "Wow... okay."

"Tell me the code." He snaps, cracking his knuckles to intimidate her - failing.

She raises an eyebrow, "Code?" She coughs, still catching her breath from the blow, "I have no clue what you're talking about, old man."

"Yes, you do." He states, taking a step closer, "Ava told you a code, I need it. Tell me."

"Hey, are you supposed to be keeping us safe? You're doing a horrific job, by the way." She purses her lips, "Usually you don't beat people up to protect them."

Janson swipes his curled fist across her jaw, causing her teeth to bite down on her tongue hard as her head whips to the side, blood from her tongue bleeding out as she lets out a loud groan, "What the fuck is wrong with you?" Evelyn spits the blood out but it continues gushing out, filling her buds with a metallic taste, "You need anger management. You could've just asked me nicely. You didn't even give me a chance!"

"Evelyn, I know a lot about you." He snarls angrily, "I know that you hate everyone, including the people who love you most. I know your terrified of Grievers because you were nearly brutally murdered by one. And I know you killed your brother."

She lets out a low laugh, "Jokes on you 'cause I don't have a brother."

He shakes his head, clapping his hands together behind his back, "You do. You came to WCKD together. Eve, Gally was your biological brother." He leans closer, his head a few centimetres away from hers, "And you murdered him."

Evelyn's face drops at the information, her mind is screaming at her that it's fake and that he's trying to get inside her head, but another part knows he could possibly be right. Without warning, she smashes her forehead into his, causing a ringing sensation to rattle around her head and making him stumble back, raising a hand to the place she hit - knowing that there will most likely be a bump there later, "You're a liar." She spits, "And I ain't telling you shit."

"Oh," He laughs, "You will." He raises his foot to her chest, kicking hard and sending her and the chair flying backwards onto the floor, a loud grunt escaping her lungs at the contact, "Tell me, Evelyn!" He waltzes over.

She glares up at him through her eyelashes, "Why do you think beating me will get me to talk?" She coughs out, smirking, "I've been through much worse."

Janson tilts his head, "I know it won't get you to talk, but it relieves my stress... or you could just tell me and it'll all be over." He sends another solid kick to her nose, causing it to snap out of place and blood to rush down onto the floor. She lets out a long agonising cry, her hair falling over her face.

"You're one sick motherfucker." She states, the pain from her broken nose sending shots through her whole body.

"Maybe I am." He shrugs, chuckling to himself before booting Evelyn in the gut again, causing her to cough out blood - whether it was from her cut tongue or from deeper down her throat, she had no clue but it hurt like hell, "TELL ME THE CODE!" He bellows, informing Evelyn the room is most likely soundproofed.

"You're WCKD?" She croaks, her hands fiddling behind her back at the ties but getting nowhere, "Aren't you? So why don't you just go ask Ava yourself, you lazy bastard!" She tries her best to raise her voice.

He waltz's back and forth in front of her, his hands clapping against each other, "Well done, you finally figured it out."

"Didn't take me long." She groans, blowing hair out of her eyes, "You did kinda give it away by saying you know so much about me, which by the way you don't."

Thomas has no clue, the group has no clue that it's WCKD. Her mind is set on only one thing - somehow telling them and finding a way out. She's unsure of how to escape, but they've done it once, they can do it again with ease.

"And what does that mean?" He crouches down in front of her.

"It means... that you don't know everything about me." She retorts, spitting blood onto his white jumper, most likely staining it.

He stands up again in disgust, his head shaking as he points at her weak body, "And that is where you're wrong." Another kick to the stomach, causing her to throw her head back in pain, "Evelyn, we know literally every-single-thing about you. Why do you think you were chosen? You were weak, and immune... so— so we used you." He cackles like an evil witch in a fiction novel, "We know more about you than you know about yourself." He interlocks his fingers and presses his hands against his lips, letting out a long sigh, "Just tell me the code, Evelyn."

"For the millionth time," She growls, "I-ain't-telling-you-shit." Evelyn had not a single clue on what code he was talking about, or why it was so important but it was best for him to think she knew, otherwise he would kill her with no hesitation, "Why is it so important anyway? I'm sure... Ava? Is it Ava?" She coughs, "It is, isn't it? Yeah, it is. I'm sure A-Ava would've told you if it was necessary. Or— or she just doesn't like you."

His jaw clenches at her fumbled words and gives her another blow to the gut - this time much harder than the rest, "Get her up." He clicks his fingers again and the guard follows his orders, roughly lifting her chair up and placing it back in its original position, "I'll be back." Janson spits, glaring at her once last time, "And you better tell me, Evelyn."

As he leaves, slamming the door behind him and only the guard remains, watching over her cautiously. All the agonising pain rushes through her body and a single tear drips down her cheek. She's sure that she won't be able to walk nor stand up - she's fucked and so is the rest of the group, unless Thomas somehow figures it out.