t w e n t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

"Aw come on! I don't have anywhere to run– no!" the older literally headlock the youngest and chucked a fist on her head. The girl screamed while Eunji enjoyed the scene in front of her.

"You're saying science people are boring when you go to Seungmin's house everyday to learn science."

"I don't! Stupid, it hurts!" she grabbed Eunhee's arm and bit it. Another screaming echoed in the small space.

The ride went from deafening silence to chaos.

Luckily, that didn't last long. Eunsoo pulled Eunhee away and switched places. "Eunhee, you're 20."

"And she's 18." said girl pointed towards the youngest one who had her hair tangled and sticked out on every directions. Her waterfall braids were loosen, destroyed by the one and only Min Eunhee who was known with her role as the peacemaker between Eunkyung and Eunji. Seems like this time Eunji's soul got into her.

"Exactly, she's younger than you so let her be."

"Correction. She's younger than me so I can bully her."

"Since when you're this mean?!" Eunkyung cried at her destroyed hair. "Why don't you just– I don't know show this side to your Minho so he leaves you– ugh my hair!"

Eunji couldn't stop laughing at the too while Eunsoo remained calm. They had more than three hours to arrive so she knew what to do in the meantime; repairing Eunkyung's hair.

A glare was directed to the youngest princess. Eunhee adjusted her dress and hair before returning to her book, acting as if she didn't create a scene just a few minutes ago. "Leave Minho out of this."

"I don't understand what he sees in you." Eunkyung hissed while turning her back on the for Eunsoo to fix her hair.

"I don't recall having feelings or being in a relationship with him," Eunhee shrugged. "If it's because I hang around him a lot, isn't it the same with you and Seungmin?"

"Right," Eunji, who was quiet all the time, leaned her head on the door to see her sister's face with a teasing smile. "You willingly went to Seungmin's house everyday without complaining. That's new."

"Character development." Eunhee teased.

For some reasons, Eunkyung felt her cheeks heating up. Her eyes were glued to the road outside. She could see her reflection on the window with her now half-fixed hair. "We're just studying for exam." she muttered. "And all of you were the one who insisted him on following me. I couldn't do anything, could I?"

Eunji exchanged glances with Eunhee before shrugging. They noticed the changes in her after the incident where Seungmin was shot. Sighing, Eunji spoke up, "Cho Yunseo was it?"

"Why?"

"I wonder why father let him lives here if his clan dangers us," Eunji sighed as she looked out to the window. "And about Jisung, father knows that kid doesn't have familial relationship with Yunseo. It's obvious that they lived together since Jisung was a kid."

"Maybe father has some reasons. Personal reasons, maybe. Guilt?" Eunsoo suggested. "And Jisung doesn't have a family, does he?"

"He doesn't." Eunkyung muttered. She also noticed how Jisung had never let her into his house, same goes to her. They only hung out outside. None of them had entered each others' houses. "But what does Yunseo want? Why all this are happening only now but not long ago?"

As she expected, her sisters didn't have any answers. Her eyes were glued to the window while Eunsoo still fixing her hair. Eunji already had her eyes closed. Eunhee let out a small groan when she got the equation wrong. Eunkyung could see the struggling sister's reflection on the smooth surface.