1

Chaeryeong's POV

I was busy reading one of the books I got from downstairs. Of course I was in my own room with the door closed, I didn't want to interact with anyone here in the house.

"Chaeryeong!!" I heard someone calling for me and yet I didn't answer, I was not in the mood to talk to them

"Lee Chaeryeong!" once again they shouted. You all should know when they call you with your full name they're absolutely mad or probably just trying to piss you off.

Later on, my bedroom door swung open and an angry Ji-eh entered my room. Yep, Ji-eh, she's my step sister.

"The hell?! you've just been here all along? Are you deaf?" she shouted at me and I just looked at her.

"Is that my book? how dare you get that without telling me? I told you to not touch my stuff you little brat" she scoffed and then grab the book from my hand. I wasn't even finish with the second chapter yet.

Being so ever dramatic, she started calling mom, well my step-mother if I must say. Along with her was my other sibling Jiwoo, he's my step-brother. Both of my step-siblings were older than me, considering I'm just 24 and then they're 26 and 27 of age.

"What's with the noise up here?" Soo ah said, yeah my step-mother's name is Soo ah. I didn't want to call her as 'mom' but I had to, I didn't have a choice. Eomma wasn't something I would call her, she didn't deserve it from me.

I kept silent, just looking at them for the reason that I was afraid to get scolded more than this.

"Its Chaeryeong again eomma, can't we just get rid of her? she's annoying as hell and she doesn't even make any progress for the day"
Ji eh said and then mom and Jiwoo looked at me.

"What have you done this time Chaeryeong huh?" mom asked me

"Everytime something happens its all my fault? Why mom? Why?" I asked them as softly as I can

"Respect your eomma Chaeryeong, even though we're not your real family you should respect us" Jiwoo said

"Respect.... you don't even show me that so what made you think that I should respect you guys?" I asked, already annoyed at them.

"Watch your words Chaeryeong" Ji-eh warned me

"And you should watch your actions" I said back to her and she rolled her eyes on me

"You should've thought about what you're saying. Have you forgotten everything you've done? Because of you dad died" Jiwoo told me and I felt tears forming in my eyes. I knew it wasn't my fault right?

"You even killed your own sister because of your actions" mom added

"How was I supposed to know? I was just ten years old, can't you guys realize what you're saying?!" I asked them

"You were so selfish and wanted to go out even though you clearly know that dad was tired" Ji-eh said

"How would I know that we would crash? Appa was even happy to go out with me and unnie" I said back and they just rolled their eyes on me

"You know what, I wished appa didn't met you mom, you don't deserve his love and his trust and his care. We were so happy without you three" I said and I can see the anger in their eyes

"That's it, you're disrespectful, ungrateful and a big brat, you're grounded and don't even think of sneaking out to go with your friends" mom said and she took all my gadgets away. Like the hell? she doesn't have the right to take away my things

"What?!?" I asked, basically shouting

"You deserve this, anyways bye loser" Ji-eh said and left the room along with mom and Jiwoo. They slammed the door shut and it made me flinch. I wasn't used to sudden noises sometimes.

I went to my bed and hugged my legs, I didn't asked for this life in the first place. It breaks my heart remembering how it all happened.

They couldn't understand how I felt as soon as my own best friend and the best father that I could ever ask for passed away. Chaeyeon unnie was just 12 that time, we were about to celebrate an early birthday celebration for me that day, I was about to turn 11 but then everything was so sudden. When appa was driving down the road, there was a truck with broken breaks and unfortunately it hit the car. I was the only one who survived.

My eomma... she died when I was 6, she had cancer and couldn't make it. Losing everyone I love was hard, they didn't know and will never know the pain I've went through.

My siblings weren't much affected, Ji-eh is a top model and known by a lot of people, Jiwoo he's currently a CEO in appa'a old company. Soo ah my step mother, she's in a high position in another company and then it comes to me, Lee Chaeryeong who just finished college and is not working. They didn't want me to be out to the public because they said I bring shame and embarrassment to the family name.

I laid down on my bed, tears still flowing down to my cheeks, later on I was drifting off to sleep.

After around a few hours, I got woken up by my door opening. I sat up and saw Ji eh with a big box and she placed it on the other end of my bed.

"Get ready, we're going to attend a wedding" she said and rummaged through my closet

"Who's getting married?" I asked, maybe it was her, how could she be so thrilled then when she went to me?

"Silly, you're the one getting married. Finally we don't have to deal with your whining, uselessness and of course your bratty attitude" she said and my smile instantly turned into a frown. Why was I the one getting married?

"I don't get it, I never went out with someone" I said to her

"You're getting married, arranged actually for a year. It was a deal for the Lee's, well for dad and then the Hwangs. You must get ready now" she said and then I furrowed my eyebrows

"Who's the guy?" I asked

"Its a girl actually, her name is Hwang Yeji, you'll be so dumb to not know her. She's a big heartthrob and she is insanely rich" Ji eh added. I mean its okay to marry a girl but then I don't even know her

"I'm not marrying someone I don't know" I said to her sternly

"Well too bad, the wedding's tonight so you must hurry up. All you need is there and if you need anything else just call me" she said as she placed my gadgets on my bed and excitedly went out of my room. Maybe she's just so happy to get rid of me

Getting married.... appa always told me that marriage is one of the most important things in life and you shouldn't joke about it. But why is this arranged? I've never believe in first love in first sight but what if...