I'm Hooked

I was in the back of my dad's car, picking you up for the dance. I hated the pink dress that my mom picked out. "You either wear a dress or you can't go. My house, my rules."  that's what she said. I had another outfit picked out in my bag: a black overcoat, a pair of plaid suit trousers, chains attached to my belt, a pair of platform boots, a white shirt and a lavender tie with some accessories and makeup.

All I had to do now was to get in that outfit.

We stopped in front of your house. It was painted orange, like your favorite color, and had a gate that flowery vines grew on. It wasn't big, but I thought it was beautiful.
As I got out my little stolen long-stemmed rose (from my mom's garden), I realized that it would be the first time that I met your parents properly.

I knocked on the door, readying myself and trying not to quake in my heels.
Your mom met me at the door. She had smile lines, a usually happy woman, I was sure. She looked a lot like Sol, except for the fact that she had a smaller, rounder face.

She gave me a once over. "Your girlfriend's at the door!" I winced.
Sol finally got to the front door, looking as sharp as ever. "Hey."
"Hey,"I turned to his mother again, "May I please use your bathroom?"
She nodded. I left with Sol, telling her that it was nice to meet her.

The bathroom was a bit cramped, but it had everything it needed.
I stopped him outside the white-tiled room. "I just want to get dressed into my actual outfit, could you wait right here?"
He nodded and I closed the door, sliding the dress off.

I got done, opening the door for him to see. My hair was parted and I used contour to enhance my jawline, wearing my trousers cuffed and had five silver rings on my hands.
"How do I look?" I gave him a 360.
"You look like you put my efforts to shame." He smiled.Oh,  I almost forgot.
I got on one knee and held out the pink rose. "Here you go."
He giggled and pushed me, telling me to save my antics for later.

...

Not going to lie, but the ball wasn't all that.

The hall was crowded and the gqom music was too loud. The place was like a formal held in the back of a taxi on a Friday. Soleil seemed to manage well, talking with a group of Accounting mates of his.
"So where are you going for university, Soleil?" One of them asked. I stood behind them listening in. He had already told me that he would to the Riverview Institute, where Zarina went and I was headed next, so that we would be able to hang out every other weekend.

"- don't tell Amaris, but I've actually been looking into Storm Coast College and I got accepted -"
I forgot that I was holding a glass, which fell out of my hand and crashed on the floor.
Everyone was looking at me now. Soleil stared back, horrified.

I think he was about to say something but I heard enough.
Storm Coast College was more or less (but usually more since it was in the city) a 2 hour drive. I wanted to be happy for him but I just stormed out angrily.

Was this the plan? To get me hooked and then abandon me?