Fifth Year | New Normal

As promised, Y/N spent the summer with the Weasleys at the Burrow, which was a welcome change from the Grangers last summer. They were extremely nice, but the warmth of the Weasley family was irreplaceable for Y/N.

The first days were extremely difficult. Y/N's felt like she was being dragged by an invisible force, constantly pushing her nearer and nearer towards the ground. There was a big, gaping hole in her chest that even her Occlumency couldn't touch.

The Weasleys did all that they could to ease some of Y/N's pain.

The only bump in the road was the quarrel with Percy back in the first week. It was almost bed time and Y/N was in her room reading when she could hear shouting coming from the kitchen area.

She frowned slightly and got up, straining her ears to listen.

"Y/N!" Ginny whispered as she came running towards their joined room just as Y/N reached the door.

The redheaded girl almost crashed into Y/N, but her fast reflexes stopped her in the nick of time. Ginny had been practicing Quidditch privately, with only Y/N as audience (and by audience it meant she was the only one who knew), and the training skills kicked in the nick of time.

"Ginny! What is it?" Y/N said as she closed the door and guided Ginny to sit on a chair.

"Don't come out of the room," Ginny panted slightly, her words tumbling into each other. "Percy.."

"What's wrong with Percy?" Y/N asked gently.

"Percy got in trouble, long story short," Ginny said, swiping her hair back into her sagging ponytail. "Dad is furious. Bill is trying to calm everyone down now, but it's still best not to go down. Not until it's a bit safer."

"Oh," Y/N said. If Mr Weasley was mad, it must mean something terrible. "Alright. Want some water? You look a bit frazzled."

"I look fabulous as always," Ginny scoffed, taking her majestic red hair out of her ponytail. She did look a bit frazzled, but still breathtakingly beautiful, so Y/N couldn't really argue with that. "But yes, I'll take some water."

And Percy was never mentioned again after that, nor was he seen in the Burrow.

Y/N learned what had happened a few days after from Ginny. Percy got promoted, and his loyalty was with the Ministry instead of the Order.

Y/N didn't particularly like Percy, but she felt bad for him all the same. Anyone who believed the Ministry over Harry was stupid.

George and Fred were especially keen on annoying her constantly, hoping to turn her sadness into irritation instead.

Y/N dabbled on some Curse-breaking techniques with Bill after he got home from his work. She surprisingly enjoyed the art of Curse-breaking, it takes her mind off things and also helped Bill to cure the ancient things in the Weasley house.

Bill looked happy to be back with the Weasleys, and sometimes he would come home from work rosy-cheeked while smiling widely. Y/N was curious, but she was never one to prod, so she just stayed quiet.

She also enjoyed sneaking around the Burrow with Bill, trying to find a room where Mrs Weasley couldn't enter. Mrs Weasley didn't exactly support the idea of Y/N learning from Bill because of the possibility of getting hurt, but Y/N knew she was a strong witch and she constantly pursued Bill's teachings regardless.

The twins and Ron often planned some prank on the other side of the house, so Mrs Weasley would come chasing them instead, and Y/N could learn peacefully.

Y/N also tried knitting when she's alone in her room. She found that keeping her hands busy was a great way to keep her mind off things.

Ginny would often sit beside her and talk about anything and everything. How she's currently seeing some boy in her year, how she's got to know Luna and now was extremely close, how both girls would go to the Greenhouse to help Neville with his plants. Knitted scarfs and hats started to scatter all over the Burrow, and Ron volunteered to wear some of the things Y/N had knitted, just to put a smile on her face.