Fourth Year - Double Anxiety

If the rest of Hogwarts thought that they had woken up early the next day, they were wrong.

Y/N had gotten up hours before, the sky still pitch black. She had to carefully wiggle out of Harry's embrace and had written a note so that he wouldn't wake up in a panic.

Her first destination that morning was the Hufflepuff dorm.

"Ced, hey!" she whispered when she saw him peek out of the door.

"Y/N, I know you're anxious, but blimey, it's 4 in the morning," Cedric yawned, closing the door. He was still in his pajamas and looked delirious. "Can't you do this in 2 hours?"

"No," Y/N grinned, attempting to cover her anxiousness. She began pacing along the corridor on near the Hufflepuff dorm. "You know I'm scared for you-"

"I know, I know," Cedric sighed, ruffling his brown hair. "But you know, giving me a ted talk at 4 in the morning won't do anything."

It was Y/N's turn to sigh now. "I- yeah. Sorry for waking you up-"

"No, no, that's not what I meant," Cedric cut off, putting one hand on her shoulder to stop her pacing. "I know you mean well, but I've made my choice, and you've told me that you let me in."

"Yes, thanks for reminding me, genius," Y/N scoffed. "I know I'm forgetful, but I'm not that forgetful."

Cedric laughed quietly, not wanting to wake up the rest of his dorm. "Okay then, why'd you come here?"

Y/N looked at him for a minute, before deciding, 'You know what? Screw it,' and hugged her best friend tight. The pendant on her neck burned bright yellow, thankfully covered when the two hugged.

"Whoa, Y/N," Cedric said, hugging her just as tight. "You know, it's not like I'm going to battle or anything. I'm just putting my name in. I'm not even guaranteed to join."

"I know, but if you put it in, the it'll be real," Y/N explained. "This whole.. thing- It'll be real."

"I guess that's true," he sighed.

Y/N enjoyed the company of him, relishing the way he could calm her down just by a hug. After a while, Y/N let go of him, trying not to get emotional.

"Okay, now go back to sleep," she chuckled, pushing him inside again. "See you in 2 hours."

.

Y/N spent the rest of the morning pacing around the Goblet of Fire on the Great Hall. More and more people began to come in after a while, crowding around Goblet.

She was so nervous, she couldn't even eat breakfast.

"Y/N, hey!" Hermione greeted her, tapping her shoulder. "I've been looking for you."

"Holy Godric, Mione," Y/N said, jumping slightly on her seat. "Good morning as well."

"Y/N, how delirious are you?" Hermione asked, taking a sear next to her. "I didn't even tell you good morning."

"Well, I'm saying it first, then," Y/N snapped. Her eyes widened as she pushed her glasses up her nose. "Sorry, that was rude."

"How many hours of sleep did you get last night?" Hermione chuckled, pulling out a book from her bag.

"Um, four?" Y/N lied.

"Y/N," Hermione taunted, putting the book on her lap and just staring at her best friend.

"Okay, fine!" Y/N sighed, twiddling with the edge of her jumper. "Two."

"Listen, I know you can't sleep and all, but this isn't healthy for you," Hermione fussed.